1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Roll Tonight Before Match

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by akyboo, May 21, 2008.

1. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Have we just flushed the mole from his hiding place :)as he seems to know a lot more then we do pmsl

2. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

how could they send a virus and even if they did (re-flash). who made that up. we thought we had that virus until a little google searching and this forum told me to turn on emu (when i was a noob) haha virus. that simple problem. though i still don't know why emu would keep turning itself off.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you turn the box off at the mains this returns the box back to the default state of the emulator been switched off if you leave the box switched on standby you wont have this problem

There is no need to reflash as i have said i dont know how many times they cannot do anything to these boxes why do you think you get the cable it is the only way to put anything on them

I really dont know why people buy these boxes all they do is worry about them been switched off why not be happy with what you have and wait till something happens as they say cross the bridge when ya meet it

If you dont want to be worried about all these things happening why not take the full package out or get sly in then you wont be having this problem

4. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Totally agree with you on that one mate 100% people worry to much lol

5. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

I'm not worried and we do leave it on stand by always. now this was months ago and doesn't happen anymore. I know how to put new versions on the box but the starview 2 and 3 were never affected anyway which i have both. it's starview 1, dbox and eurovox etc. that stopped auto updating but they are easy to fix anyway. so i'm not worried as i know IF anything happened there would end up being another way around it.

PS: sly and nthell digital are WAY too expensive. we got charged about €400 after one month and didn't and still don't know why. but we cancelled and weren't paying that kind of money.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

They are only easy fixed if the special people out there do there magic`with them without them we will all be lost

So a special thanks to all the behind the scene people out there

7. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

there was a roll but mine autorolled.

8. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes and mine told ya where are all the people with the cc is going to switch the boxes off
    they all in hiding now

9. sonyadaly

sonyadaly Member

I have starview the box. Can anybody tell me if there is somewhere i can bring it to have it updated because i've tried to do it myself but i am a tech dummy

10. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

lol. i knew nothing would happen.

11. tryabit

tryabit Guest

well he was right mine autorolled a few times but the bit about sly boys dropping around for a cup of tea and changing some codes (joking) when mine packs up i will miss it like a family member but till it finally ends im looking forward to the ricky h fight (enjoy )and go on The Hitman The Manchester Mexican.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  12. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Go to this thread and have a look , when you have the files downloaded to your PC and the correct cable it will only take 3-5 mins to do , If you get stuck post your problem and one of the guys/gals will help you out

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/663923

13. akyboo

akyboo Member

14. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

steo2k8 : The reason you got charged so much was the providers fault. A friend of mine got s*y installed, and got a whopping bill for the first one. He chased them up, and they told him that he had disconnected his box from the phone line (modem). It turned out that the install engineer had never connected the box to the phone line in the first place.
    He got his bill reduced to the correct amount because it was their fault, and they couldn't argue the fact.

15. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Where are all the scaremongers now all there talk about what is going to happen when will they ever learn as fergusrb has stated they are not privileged to that information so now ya all know my ncles friend and my aunty marys husband work or know someone that does what a load of total CRAP and another thing about sly they will not give there encryption out to any other source to be so that it could be hacked

16. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

We still have to pay about €50 a month for analogue so it's dear enough.
    I prefer some of these boxes than nthells one (even if i was paying for digital). the features and menus are better and faster. nthells says gathering data for about 10 minutes (not literally but it takes ages) on each channel to find out whats on.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  17. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

Why do you have to pay so much as most people only pay about €25.00 for analogue so how come yours is different ???

18. kasoa

kasoa Member

Lads I watched the match in town last night and missed all the chat about this, and whats the story with no codes available anywhere?..anyway,came home this evenin turned on the tv and im lookin at a black screen! I've got the Starview 3 "The Box" and I haven't run any update's on it to date, I havent had the need to?

The box did get a few blips on tuesday alright but it didnt affect it at all,just updated.

What can I do now to fix this? am I F*%ked...

19. CyborCop

CyborCop Regular member

go to menu 1570 and press the default key and exit out to channel

also make sure you have checked both your scart lead and your cable

20. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

We have it in 4 rooms i'm not sure how much it is but we still have tv licence to pay for.