1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD and CloneDVD Problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by TJL75, Jun 7, 2008.

1. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

garmoon use the anydvd ripper ripping the movie file to you're HDD. then disable anydvd and transcode and burn with clonedvd or nero recode 2, that should work fine

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

ZOSO

That fine advice and it works but the last two burns that Fab Plat gave me-albeit 100%comp- looked awfully impressive on upconvert player on HD set!And AnyDVD is not involve in that process. I have all kinds of work arounds available so it's not like I can't do a burn but it's now more of a headache.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- I just git a new dell too & I'm having similar Problems except if I output to The Dvd Writer /burner instead of the hard drive it works ! If I try to do it the Normal ? (for me ) way that is to the hard drive 1st . It ain't happening ! I get from what I can see it's not getting to the hard drive ? I Have power Dvd on My Computer Came with it ! also Windows Media Player I read the link about The conflict between Anydvd/Clone Dvd& Power Dvd So I'm Thinking about Deleting It {PowerDVD} Because I have -Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 & it Has Cineplayer which I could use in it's place ? I don't have Problems Burniing disc with Other Programs & The computer generally works well other Than That !!! I am Thinking of adding a couple of Lite-On's to it myself but would like to get the conflict / Problem solved 1st. before I do ? What have you finally decided to Do Yourself?

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@BIGTOXY69.

Which Dell did you get? Mine is the XPS 630i with XP Pro installed. All ODD and HDD are SATA interface. Power DVD is not the problem. The problem is AnyDVD and conflicts with PowerDVD DX installed from Dell. Are you using AnyDVD or DVD Fab to get past the DRMS?. What program are you using to encode before you burn disc-CloneDVD? You program won't write to the HDD first so you can burn it whenever? But will output for a successful burn? One way around that would be to let the program output to the burner and not erase the temp file from HDD. My problem is on the other end. At the end of the burn, when the SATA internals try to finalize(close) the disc the burn fails in any program when AnyDVD is running. If I Rip to HDD with AnyDVD and close AnyDVD then I have no problems. But that cause me to have more steps in the process. DVD Fab works fine because AnyDVD has to be disabled. Also my external USB LG drive has no problems closing the disc even with Clone DVD and has not been a problem. Since this build came with only one ODD. And not that great a drive-Phillips-Lite_On-could not find any good firmware upgrades on much about it especially bit setting. So I bought a Lite_On LH-20A1S-great drive writing and reading. But same conflict also. So I decided to $hit can the crappy Phillips and replaced it with an Optiarc-Lite_On mistake, a 7191S, and have finally gotten the correct NEC-Optiarc AD-7200S which according to greensman is the new best thing.

I tried for 2+ hrs with Dell to solve my problem with their tech in control of my pc and he couldn't help we even burned a DVD or 2. Slysoft had a few post with me but had no answers. When I finally figure out the culprit was AnyDVD I figured out the work arounds. I can also let it run like I used to and then use ImgBurn to close the unfinalized discs. I love the pc now it's fast and have had no other problems. I would not remove PowerDVD DX? version permanently. It's a good viewer. I even rolled back my pc to the day it arrived-I'm on 4th incarnation with their Norton ghosting setup that came installed. The first time I installed just AnyDVD and Clone and they did not work in closing the disc. Also Jan and Creaky are not advising to upgrade any further than Xp sp2. which I haven't. Did you get XP or Vista-hope not? I can't imagine why it won't rip to the HDD first, since it's still going to do that if you're not burning on the fly. Reply with the info. Maybe we can figure something out. It took me 3 weeks! LMAO gary

Edit: I also have Roxio DE 10.1 installed with nero 8 and they both work and with no conflicts.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- I Bought The inspiron 530 - with Vista home basic Yeah I know ( Fista ) But I just got the Home basic version and it's not all that bad other than the Problem I told you about ? kinda like a Harder less intuitive Xp ? Anyway ! I normally stick with AnyDVD/Clone like I did with my old Emachines W2040 Or atleast I'm Trying too anyway ? I can't see it as a Sata Problem cause It Does burn Disc /dvd media just not they way I mentioned before ! What I did find wierd is that I did'nt know @ the time that my Dell came with Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 installed And I went and Installed 10 too ! I've had Roxio software in Versions 3.0 ,5, 6 and now 9 & 10 and all the previous versions would make you delete the older version before installing the new one ! Not This time Though ! I've mainly been using the Roxio For Copying my Wifes Recipe show Disc so the originals stay safe ! I use Anydvd/Clonedvd output to the Dvd writer & then use Roxio To copy from that disc if I need more than one copy For the family ect... I could just go back and run it through anydvd/clone but My way is quicker !!! for me anyhow ! well I'm not Giving up but past my nap time now Nightshift & all so I'll Bother You again real soon Buddy {SAD BUT TRUE!!!} Thanx & By Now !!!

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

good enough. I'm going to bed soon. I hate Mondays.

7. rpelle075

rpelle075 Member

Does anyone know the reason why a recorded DVD freezes half way through playing when I make a copy using Slyfox and Clonedvd?

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

most likely its caused from using poor quality media (memorex,hp etc) and to high of a burn speed (burning at max 16x). use taiyo yuden or Verbatim buring at 6x to 8x max on a clean machine with the most up to date firmware for you're drive/burner for best results

9. rpelle075

rpelle075 Member

Thanks for the reply! I am using a Memorex double layer dvd and burning at 2.4 speed.

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

try Verbatim DVD+R DL althought the memorex DVD+R DL code out as Ritek which is pretty good stuff but not as good as the Verbatim DVD+R DL

11. rpelle075

rpelle075 Member

Thanks for the information! Any advice on why the movie Hancock will not copy? Thanks again.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Does anyone else think that anydvd could be paranoid (LOL) about encryptions sometimes. The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is a fairly old dvd, and im seeing quite a few bad sector protections, AND its not the first time. Infact, I dont recall what movie it was, but an update of anydvd yielded LESS encryptions at one point. Anybody find that interesting?
    [​IMG]

14. keving12

keving12 Member

I have a Dell 630i also. I chose to have the blu ray optical drive installed. Although "Power DVD DX" has some quirks. Dell can usually resolve this problem over the phone. It is the only media player that plays Blu Rays well. If anyone else has a better player for Blu Ray, please let me know.

Thanks

15. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

LG are making good drives

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@keving 12

How are you liking the 630! Did you just get it? Have they got the program that will allow the LCDs to pulsate to the music yet? Do you have trouble closing DVDs after burning them? I did but the problem finally corrected itself after months. Dell or slysoft, no help.