1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starview 3 The Box Super - Flash Update fail...

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by mankugu, Jun 27, 2008.

1. karljd

karljd Regular member

You dont use any loader as i said its an all in one firmware and loader,just download the 709 open it and press download.

2. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

hi yes i see the all in 1 firmfolder yes and i downloaded 709 2 my computer tats not the problem i have i cant flash it keeps cum n upflash failed have all leads correct and in follew all instrustions still wont flash sorry 4 reck n your head but i flashed my pvr ok tanks 2 you s just 1 ting can i do a trassfer of software from i super box 2 another with out a computer my friend has 1 set up im in dublin by the way ill send u a box of roses if u can help me flash it ok tanks again

3. donjargon

donjargon Member

hi
    I'm having a problem with my starview 3 box
    it is showing no signal on all channels
    i tried re-programming it and press 1570
    everything seems to be as it should be
    when i tried re-programming it nothing is been tuned in
    can anyone help ?

4. sjbpa

sjbpa Member

hi got a starview box super 2day n i tried 2 flash it using the GTrom v7.09 loader but i keep getting a msg saying flash update failed. jus wondering if any1 has any idea wt mite b wrong. any help much appreciated.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  6. donjargon

donjargon Member

Is there anything else i can do as i don't have the connections to download off the computer

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

if you don't have a null modem cable (if thats what you mean)no,if you have a null modem and no someone with the firmware on their starview 3 you want you could do a box to box transfer.

8. donjargon

donjargon Member

How do I do that?

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

well have you a null modem cable?

10. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

lovely tanks 4 that information i flashed my pvr ok tanks 2 you s and ive tryed everyting 2 flash my super box and cant do 4 some reason and read and follewed your instructions 2 so my friend has box super up and runn n with software ye so i can transfer softwarefrom 1 box 2 another with null modem ye and i do a sw transfer do i and 1 more ting can i do a transfer from a pvr 2 a super box like a softwaer transfer will this work tanks 2 help please reply

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

no that wont work as the two boxes have different firmware

12. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

quick reply great information as uasual im dublin by the way so why do u think yourself i cant flash my new super box i flashed my pvr ok and i follewed all instrustions have all leads software ready on labtop flash fail all time pisses me of firm im try n is 709 beta i prusume tats right 1 help please

13. karljd

karljd Regular member

That happens a lot my pc wont let me flash starviews but any other box is ok,i can only suggest you try a mates pc with a serial port on it,do you could try 601.

14. mxmxmxm

mxmxmxm Guest

great responce once again man so u recomend try 601 and will that work on super box 1 ting 2 sorry but when i do a sw transfer from my friends box 2 mine with null modem ye when its transfered 2 mine will he loose the software or what or do we both have software please reply

15. karljd

karljd Regular member

no you or he wont lose anything you will both have the firmware,have to go and watch the pool be back later if you need me or someone else will be around.

16. funkyfive

funkyfive Member

karljd,
    I have downloaded software from my computer onto a number of sv1 and never had any problems.I done quite a number of sv3 without a problem but the last 6 boxes keep saying flash failed retry or exit. I also tried a eurovox and couldn't do that either. Tonight I tried a sv1 and that failed as well.I have tried a new rs232 cable and also my other desktop and keep getting the same result. I have not changed anything on my 2 desktops except upgraded virus from netguard to pcguard with virgin but have tried downloading with this switched off and still no joy. The firmware for sv3 was the GTRom super 8.00e and for sv1 was GTRomv4.00.exe that I got from 4shared .com. Any ideas?

17. DesB

DesB Regular member

Are you using Vista or XP

18. funkyfive

funkyfive Member

I am using XP

19. karljd

karljd Regular member

are you using a null modem or a null modem in conjunction with a usb to serial adapter?

20. funkyfive

funkyfive Member

i have 4 null modem cables and none of them are usb.They all get connected at the serial port.Ihave treid them all on 2 desk tops without success