1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Movie Reencodes That Succeed or Fail Archive

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, May 5, 2009.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Absolutely not! I have the 50" Panasonic Viera plasma TV and it's the best picture I've ever seen. In fact it's rated behind only the Pioneer plasma which runs about 8,000! Unbelievable dark colors like blacks and reds, which is a huge factor in determining the color quality in the lighter colors. 3 HDMI inputs too. I'm looking for another for the my other room. Great choice!!

2. binmax

binmax Regular member

I thought this thread was about figuring out which movies succeeded and failed, not turn into every other thread about reviewing TV's, baking cakes, and car stereos.

3. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

apperently we are off topic, but yes my th-46pz85u did seem to have a much nicer pic before I bought one - fairly cheap from B&H last yr. w a contrast of 30,000 and as you said the black ability, i don't use but one HDMI because of my sound system HDMI pass thru. But I am happy with Pannies quality. I am very impressed w/ the sony bdp-s360, it loads quicker, has more video and audio settings than the panny bd-80. Anyway - to those who are upset - I will end my off topic posts now, Big O just helped me quite a bit in getting myself a BD player which would play BD rebuilder full backups to dvd9 disks, and I am very grateful for his time and info, so I am finishing my friendly back and forth w/ him... sorry folks.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Discussing players that work with BD RB reencodes is on topic since it's important to differentiate between whether a playback fails because of the reencode or a playback unit, but plasma TV's? As much as I try I can't find a way to fit TV's into this scenario.

This is part of the criteria as quoted below.

Keep bigo going and before long you'll have him discussing the VOLS, playoff games, and Nachos.

5. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

Well I won't keep Big O going anymore, and for those who need to know the Sony BDP-S360 (now $184 w/shipping @Buy.com) does play BD reuilder BD encodes to dvd9 (full backups) w/o strict avchd and works with 1080P/24P setting turned on! I've tried two backups (on verbs mcc003) on as dvd+r dl and the other as dvd-rom - both work fine...

6. SLOVEHEAR

SLOVEHEAR Member

just read first post:

movies that I rencoded to bd9 are ocean's twelve and ocean's trirteen region a(both) decrypted with AnyDVDHD 6.5.8.7 and burned on a sony optiarc ad-7240s, I did not try to play the discs on my bd drives on my pc so I can't offer any info concerning that, but on the sony bdp-s360 they loaded quick, and played fine - no suttering, pixilating, or other problems video or audio. fw in the sony bdp-s360 is ver.002.

I will get better at this...

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

To binmax, This is probably not the answer you're looking for but it is on topic. I did Wolverine backed up on a Verbatim DL disc and it seems to have worked fine and I didn't get an error from Microsoft. I did do full backup as opposed to movie only and I haven't watched it yet but but the BD-RB process went to it's completion.

Well...... you couldn't watch any of this stuff without a TV or monitor.....

including Vols and playoff games since you brought it up, but even I can't tie in nachos.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Do you have Windows Media Center 11 installed? If not do so and then try again.

9. VADER144

VADER144 Member

Hi everyone,
    I just downloaded the latest beta version of Bd Re builder
    I have an Intel quad core system with a 500 gig hard drive
    and 8 gigs of ram.
    Anyhow, I tried copying Transformers 2 and found that the first attempt copied the video files perfectly but the audio was out of sync.
    Than after I downloaded the media splitter the video came out all pixelated but the sound was in sync.

Has anyone tried copying transformers 2 in blu ray successfully with BD re builder
    Thanks