1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Cloner 2 : A Word Of Warning

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by brian100, Jun 29, 2004.

1. brobear

brobear Guest

era2000
    Decrypter will burn for free, but it is a backup. Decrypter is first a decrypter and second a burner. It's use as a burner is limited. The author of Shrink showed a favoritism for Nero as the Nero Burning ROM is the default burner for DVD Shrink. Some like to say Decrypter is the default backup, ... semantics. If you aren't familiar with Nero, try the 30 day free trial period. Just remember, they don't include the Recode2 software in the trial. Recode2 is a good DVD editing and burning program included in the retail pack. [bold]So, a person can use Nero with Shrink for 30 days free.[/bold]

If you try it, don't open the InCD pack. That part of the suite causes problems with DVD recording software.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2004
  2. RJFreeman

RJFreeman Guest

I've been campaigning the Clone 2 software for a little while here, not knowing about its relation to DVD shrink.
    My only question is how if DVD Shrink was stolen and basically repackaged as Clone DVD, isn't there some copywrite infringment? Is there a lawsuit?

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I have heard that shrink won't accept funds of any kind, donations, etc. because it has something to do with shrink being able to get away with the removal of CSS. Since he makes no money off of it , I'm not sure copyright infringement applies here, but then I really have no idea. I'm just sneaking off from everryone to check out AD, Happy 4th!

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Hey BigO. The old bear wasn't sneaky enough.

Whether it is copyright infringement or not, there are a lot of unsuspecting people getting ripped off. I guess the perp could say he was being paid for repackaging, wouldn't float in my pond though. Using what is freely given to take money from another constitutes theft in my book.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I teetotally agree brobear! What a crock, then on top of that you got people defending the ripoff! You been keeping up with Mr. Shrink in the other forum? He's now talking about another pass which will increase encode times dramatically, but also increase quality twofold. Wonder what Mr. Clone 2 will do then? I'd love to see it! (PS-doing a big no-no right now. Running RB/CCE while on the net, went back to an older version of CCE, seems as though the upgrade may be causing problems. Am hoping this will solve my remake incompatibility problems with RB/CCE)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2004
  6. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, as long as you know its a no-no; we'll only give you 2 demerits.

Haven't been back to the Shrink forum in a while. I did catch the possibility of the extra pass. Makes sense and it gives the user the choice.

7. bazaval25

bazaval25 Guest

so..... just to make this clear, i can make a copy from a back up copy dvd using dvd shrink and all i need is a dvd burner? i bought cloner 2 and feel screwed already. plus, i a having problems with the cloner already... it gives a error msg stating i need to split the dvd.... i have a e machine t3265 .. help a newbie out!

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You'll also need burning software. You can use DVD Decrypter to burn with, all you do is set shrink to drop you DVD as an ISO image.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Yes, buying DVD Cloner is giving your money away when Shrink is free.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

He's baaaaaacccckkkkk!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2004
  11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm! He's back. Do chickens have lips, are the Kennedy's gun shy, do bears sh-t in the woods? Hmm! brobear perhaps you could answer that last one.

Good to see your still here.

12. brobear

brobear Guest

I've been out of town and busy. I've been on the board helping the newbies a bit to. As for the woods, watch out for chiggers.

This is one of the old threads without much action. When someone responds to it I still drop in. I'm surprised more people don't know about the DVD Shrink and Cloner connection.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG]

I was an earth-rim walker, a lurker at the threshold of the abyss. - Grendel -

[bold]Et tu, Brute![/bold][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2004
  13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When was the last time anyone saw the three of us haunting a thread at the same time? Early June seems such a long time ago and we've seen and heard it all on AD.

bigo
    So what flamed this jerk Tony216? It's like they're all lined up waiting to hit us one at a time.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Soph,

It took all my restraint to let this one go to the mods. The new feature did help. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. This was one time when darthnip had all the fun. Lucky stiff!

PS-ya think S-Y-.....s(don't want to mention any names) has a little brother?
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

15. brobear

brobear Guest

Probably.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Apparently a few first cousins too.

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Any over the age of 12?

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Only if they'er married.

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL!!!!!

20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

All of the above :)