1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to create DVD menu?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by speedman, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I must get it myself :)

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Dela, still not for sale yet, but soon. One thing tho, the ad shows VTS?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well the beta does make VGM menu's so I'm sure the final product will. It damn well better :)

4. s0n1c3

s0n1c3 Member

Hi,

I use dvd2dvdr the best program ever I think =) thanks to that dude..

I have a problem due when the movie is done and am about to insert the menus I dont know how to do this!
    To make my own menus it's easy but how to get in the orginal one's from the move in this case Pearl Harbor?

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sOn1c3,
    [bold]I use dvd2dvdr the best program ever I think =) thanks to that dude..

I have a problem due when the movie is done and am about to insert the menus I dont know how to do this!
    To make my own menus it's easy but how to get in the orginal one[/bold]

Unfortunately, I don't believe you can which is why I use DVDRebuilder for the longer movies and think it is one of the "best programs ever".

I have only used dvd2dvd-r once because I wanted to check out it's quality and tho the pic was excellent if I am not mistaken(and I could be, it wouldn't be the 1st time)you can do only "main movie only".

Since I like menus and some extras I prefer Rebuilder/CCE using DVDRemake to edit my menu and extras.

I will say if you just want movie only dvd2dvd-r's pic was excellent.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

6. s0n1c3

s0n1c3 Member

DVDRebuilder I tryed it but keept on getting error #0004 =(

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Were you using CCE 2.69? I used to get the same error and also # 0003. I switched to CCE 2.67 and it has seemed to eliminate the problem. Several others have also done the same thing and it has corrected their problem as well. There is a link for CCE 2.67 in one of the DVD-RB/CCE threads if ya wanna give it a shot.

I recommend it, if you want a working menu. DVDRemake works well with RB/CCE to re-author also. Can't guarantee 2.67 will work, but the odds are in your favor.

If you are using a trial version of CCE (use CCE SP, not Basic) it has also been known to have something to do with those errors(if not the cause). Good luck!

8. s0n1c3

s0n1c3 Member

Thanks that did the trick!!

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

No problem, glad it worked!

10. Snorks

Snorks Guest

Hi all....and nice thread.

BigO, how did you get on with your menus? I am doing almost exactly the same as you so if you did get the menus to work which software did you use.

Thanks in advance......

11. Snorks

Snorks Guest

Hi all....and nice thread.

BigO, how did you get on with your menus? I am doing almost exactly the same as you so if you did get the menus to work which software did you use.

Thanks in advance......

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Snorks, you did some digging to find this thread, it's nice to see someone actually read before they go posting willy nilly. Hats off.

Unfortunately I haven't yet. I better get cracking tho, time is running out. DVDLab Pro still hasn't been released yet and I can't seem to find the beta version to Download. I do think it's the way to go if it's anything like DVDLab which is a wonderful authoring app. If it wasn't for the compatibility issue I would be using it right now.

Pro does however have a choice between VTS Menu and VMG Menu as dela stated earlier which is why I'm mainly interested in it.

I have also been looking at Sony's DVD Architect, which looks like a killer program, but it ain't cheap! (sigh)
    I'm not sure about user interface but it doesn't look too bad. Without using it tho, there isn't much I can say about it.

Here is a URL for it, it's in the vegas suite;

http://www.sony.com/mediasoftware/

If you want I'll be glad to keep you up on the situation and when pro comes out, I'm on their mailing list to be notified. It was supposed to be out in July! I am very familiar with DVDLab so if you need assistance with that just let me know. I also use and know NeroVisionExpress(NVE) which is a simpler program but actually makes a pretty nice menu, and has some neat import features.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. :>)

13. Snorks

Snorks Guest

Thanks for the reply.

My main aim is to create a very basic menu. Basically just the titles of what can be played and even a plain background.

Sure, keep me updated....as this is something thats troubling many of us home dvd authors.

Being relatively new to DVD editing I am not so sure of the diff between VTS and VMG menus. If it has anything to do with playing on normal oldish DVD players I should prob be creating VMG's.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

If that's the case NVE might be the way to go. It converts files to dvd compliant. Allows nice menus with import features to create video clips, pictures, etc. for backgrounds. It can add chapters and edit. The files must be sized before using as it can't compress, but overall is a very nice authoring program.

It comes with Nero Ultra 6 which you can get for about 59.00. This is an entire suite of good programs including DVD backup,audio apps, PC backup, toolkit, NVE,Burning rom and burn express, DVD and CD cover design and many others for both CD and DVD. Well worth the $.

You can also download it for free and it is good for the entire month. You can then reload it the next month and it's good for that entire month. This can be repeated as often as you like until you decide to buy.

One thing, if you decide to try it, be sure to download the Ultra 6 update packs,(it will not work properly til you do). Also, do not load pack #3, InCD, it is a packet writing app that has been known to cause conflict with DVD programs. Load packs 1,2,4,5, and 6.

If you don't like it you haven't lost anything, but for the money, I don't think it can be beat.

Good luck.....:>)

15. Snorks

Snorks Guest

Once again, thanks.

I will try that. I actually have Nero Ultra 6 but I dont think I have NVE. Will have to d/l it and test it.

Will update once I try it.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You have to download the update packs to get NVE, I recommend loading all but #3 which I previously stated. ;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2004