1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It doesn´t works!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gceballos, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

That address, 192.168.1.100 isn't your Gamecube it's your PC. I'm trying to get you to successfully ping yourself. That command should work even with the cable disconnected. Windows won't detect a connection on that cable until you actually start streaming something to/from the Gamecube. Again, your TCP/IP configuration settings may work properly when connected to another PC but that doens't mean they are configured properly for Gamecube streaming. Try changing the TCP/IP settings on your computer as I described above and when you can get replies back by pinging 192.168.1.100 we can proceed further with troubleshooting this issue.

2. gceballos

gceballos Guest

Look. as i said, the tcp/ip setting configured.

[​IMG]

And the shown disconnected cable message

[​IMG]

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Ok, now what happens when you ping it? If you don't get replies back then something else is wrong. You do not need a connection to the Gamecube in order to ping yourself. The cable disconnected status is normal. The Gamecube uses a stateful connection. You will only see a connection occur while running Phantasy Star Online in online mode and during streaming. The next thing to check is the TCP/IP configuration on the Gamecube once you get the PC side straightened out.

"Step 1: Boot Phantasy Star Online Game Disc
    Pretty self explanitory.

Step 2: Setup Network Profile

When prompted for the TCP/IP settings, choose manual, do not auto-disconnect, and enter an IP address of

192.168.1.32 with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and a default gateway of 192.168.1.100. For the Primary DNS server,

enter 192.168.1.100."

4. gceballos

gceballos Guest

The PSO settings are ok, trust me.
    look the ping, it says me the samething.

[​IMG]

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Unfortunatelly, it would appear that you seem to be experiencing some kind of unexplained internal network error. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your network adapter, set it like we discussed before and try to ping it again. You're not going to be successful streaming to the Gamecube until this problem gets fixed.

6. Phyrus

Phyrus Guest

looks fishy.

I'm with icemonkey on this one, uninstall and reinstall the drivers (there's an uninstall button if you click that Configure button on the first picture you posted).

Also, check www.viatech.com.tw for new drivers for your network adapter. (Looks like it's a VIA)

7. Phyrus

Phyrus Guest

Any firewalls running on your PC like ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security? Disable any local firewalls if you have one.

8. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

Hey guys. I am having EXACTLY the same problem. I am using legit copy of win XP as well. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I am using a laptop? I checked the bios and it doesn't look as though there is a setting for enabling/ disabling the NIC thingy. I only recently bought the BB adapter. Maybe they changed something there ? The PSO is an old copy from ebay so should be ok. When I ping. Get exactly the same error. When I try to play online thingy i.e. boot the iso, I get error (No.18). Any ideas ?

9. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

I just tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it, it still gives me the error when I ping it. And obviously doesn't work.

10. gceballos

gceballos Guest

I reinstalled too. but, no way. It doesn´t works. I dont have a laptop, and my XP copy it´s legitime too.

11. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

Did you buy ur BB card recently too ? I recon they have put some sort of piracy protection thing

12. gceballos

gceballos Guest

Nope, it´s not recently. when i said, "it´s new" i mean, that it was the first time i used it

13. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Like I said, you're experiencing a strange internal networking error on your PC side. I wouldn't be able to help you further without seeing the machine personally.

14. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

Hey guys, I *THINK* I might have found the solution to the problem. Anyway, go check what is PRINTED ON the cable itself. Mine says CAT5E cable which obviously isn't a crossover cable. Thats probably why it doesn't work. Should say Crossover or X-Cross (or X-Cat) I can't remember. If you go buy those cables, should stream the data itself and work fine. I'm off to get one later and will post me results here ! Got so much games downloaded already... can't wait to play them !

15. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

A cable issue would not prevent you from being able to ping the address 192.168.1.100 from your PC as how the address is local. A cable problem would only prevent connectivity between the PC and destination. A more likely cause is either the XP firewall is enabled on the interface or there is another firewall product installed.

16. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

I noticed that when I logon to IRC, the ip address says 192.168.2.93. I tried to ping that ip address and I get replies of it. Do you think that if I set the ip address of the machine to that and ask GC to connect to that addy, it will work ?

17. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

No it will not work. 192.168.1.32 and 192.168.2.93 are in different networks due to the subnet masks of 255.255.255.0. They only way they would be able to communicate if configured that was is through a router. But your question illustrates my point that if you set your PC's IP address to 192.168.1.100 mask 255.255.255.0 you should be able to ping 192.168.1.100 and get replies back.

18. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

Do you have MSN or something Ice ? I can maybe discuss the problem with you there if it is OK ?

19. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I don't use chat programs. Feel free to start a thread here to discuss your issue so that all users can benefit from it.

20. KissMyAce

KissMyAce Member

Problem sorted. It is the cable. Try it urself. It didn't sound logical but it does work !