1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**WINFAST LEADTEK SETTINGS FOR DVD BURN?*

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by xxnonamex, Aug 1, 2004.

1. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

I don't see place volume control on taskbar in my audio control panel. I have XP Pro

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I use XP Home but they are the same as to were there settings are....

You have to switch the controll panel to "Clasic View" and then click on "Sounds & Audio Devices" and under the "Volume" tab there is a Box right in the Middle that says "Place Volume Icon on The Taskbar", It is there for XP Pro also because i also own XP pro but Found it a Little Buggy...

Just take another Look and you will find it....

3. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

ok it looks like I did it i think. I still don't get audio I think I have to plug the blue/green wire that came with sound card right? Is there a setting I need in capture device to make it work allso? Thanks

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you are captureing from your TV Tuner then there should be an audio output on the TV Card that you connect from the Output on the TV card to the Line In port on your Sound Card...
    If you are captureing from a VCR then you would hook the RCA Cord from the Video output on the VCR to the RCA Video input on the TV Card and the Left and Right audio Outputs on the VCR would hook up to your Sound Cards Line in useing an Adapter that may or may not have come with your TV Card....

There are Most likely no audio settings in the TV Cards Device settings as the TV Card doesn"t really handle audio ...I"m sure your TV Card came with Instructions on how to hook varius Video sources up to your PC??
    You can allways try useing different capture software?

Cheers

5. xxnonamex

xxnonamex Guest

Whats a better capturing software b/c I followed directions and still can't get the audio to work

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well for Mpeg2 capture I use WinDVR 3.0 which works great for Mpeg2 capture but you need a Pretty Fast PC for full resolution Capture....Cheers

7. an1990

an1990 Guest

How to make the DVD Folder like VIDEO_TS.IFO??

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

You need a DVD authoring program to make the Video_TS and Burn it to DVD....
    Mpeg2 Files can not Just be Burned to a DVD and expect them to Play on your DVD Player, it just doesn"t work that way...

For you to get the Mpeg2 files on to a DVD you have to use a DVD authoring Program to add the Menu"s and Chapters and to Format them into a Video_TS folder...
    The VideoTS Folder contains the Structure of the DVD so your DVD Player can read it..
    Most DVD authoring programs will also Burn the Video_TS Folder to DVD for you...

If you want to make a Very Simple basic DVD then a good program that is easy to use is "Tmpgenc DVD Author" but I prefer "MediaChance DVDLab" as it has much better menu features...

You can Probably find both of these Program if you look in the Software section of this site or you do a Google Search as both programs have 30 day Demo versions available....

Cheers

9. an1990

an1990 Guest

i tried NeroVision Express, and it was good

Is NeroVision Express compatible with Tmpgenc DVD Author" "MediaChance DVDLab"??

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

For encodeing Quality Nero Vision Express is One of the Worst Quality encoders there is , And even if your Files are allready DVD Compliant it will still re-encode them which lowers the quality...

It is the type of program that poeple use because it is easy and they don"t realize they can get better quality doing it another way...

If your Movies are in AVI Files you should be useing a standalone Mpeg encoder like Tmpgenc or MainConcept encoder to encode them to Mpeg2 and then use a Program like DVDLab or Tmpgenc DVD Author to Put the Mpeg2 file on a DVD with menu"s and Chapters....

If your Files are allready in Mpeg2/DVD format then all you need is to Put them on DVD so you would use one of the DVD authoring programs...If you use Vision Express it will re-encode the Mpeg2 file and ruin it"s quality....Pluss with Vision Express you can not get very much Video on a DVD were if you do the encodeing yourself you can fit more on a DVD.....