1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide - DVD & Video 2 iPod (new)

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Lethal_B, Oct 15, 2005.

1. nasty_d

nasty_d Member

ok

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  2. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

I suggest you open up pqdvd and read this and try and do it.

it's very simple,just click on[bold] "open..."[/bold]and then click [bold]"open a DVD"[/bold]if you have inserted a DVD next it will give you a list of things that are under[bold]"my computer"[/bold],one of the things under[bold]"my computer"[/bold]should be the DVD that you inserted in you're DVD drive so just click once on the movie and then click [bold]"OK"[/bold] once.now in the llittle screen in pqdvd the movie should be starting(give it a minute)if it's starting all that's left to do is to click on the red [bold]"record"[/bold] button.Now the movie will start recording.wait for the movie to finish recording and then open up itunes and slide the reformatted version of the movie into you're ipod.

"the reformatted version of the movie":

the reformatted version of the movie finds it's self in a file called "ipod video"

I tryed to make it as simple as possible if there is any part you get confused at please tell me.

Please also inform me if the operation was successful.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2006
  3. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

blackie1, have you had any luck with the DVD to iPod yet? I tried the guide on the first page of this post and it worked like a charm, full movie in one .VOB file, transferred to iPod flawlessly. If you are still unable, where are you getting hung up?

4. nickerrz

nickerrz Member

ok i just got back to school and left the dvd in and when i doubled clicked on PQ DVD to IPOD VIDEO it started working :-D wohoooo well thanks for the help... ill probably post later cuz im bad with computers ... until next problem.. peace

-niCkerrz

5. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

nickerez please post back if everything worked out.
    I'm happy to have helped.

I'm hoping you pressed on"RECORD"

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2006
  6. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

yes im still having problem. i re- downloaded the pqdvd program and registered it. this time i was able to convert about 45 minutes of a dvd before the pq dvd program shut down by itself. i still have not ever been able to put a dvd onto my ipod yet because the pqdvd program always encounters an error and needs to close???? what can i do about this?? are their any settings that may need to be changed or somthing. should i try another dvd?? im running out of ideas here.

7. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

ive tried two other dvds and the same thing happens?? it always says pqdvd has encountered and error and needs to close?? WTF??

8. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

yes blackie,that's a good idea.
    are you sure that you're system contains the "system requirements"?

The system requirements are:pQ DVD to iPod Video Converter software run on PC (Microsoft Windows 9 8/ME/NT/2000/XP) to convert DVD movies, videos into iPod video. (No Mac OS version has been planed yet)

Apple video iPod is required (the new iPod model released in Oct, 2005). Other iPod models (e.g. nano, shuffle, etc) does not support video playback. For these models, see the upcoming iPod Video Photo solution. (from http://rn.pqdvd.com/)

9. blackie1

blackie1 Regular member

well i finally was able to convert a portion (45min) of one of my skateboarding videos, whooo hoooo!! BTW i have windows xp pro, and the newest 5g 60gb video ipod. i still have not been able to convert an entire movie though... any ideas????

10. bunny_c

bunny_c Guest

Great happy it worked out!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2006
  11. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

Blackie, didn't you start out using videora?

12. jakezoo

jakezoo Guest

[I didn't pay attention to the forum rules and got banned for advertising]

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2006
  13. rex2040

rex2040 Guest

once i have the files created, i put them on my ipod, but all i got was sound, no picture, what am i doing wrong? the option in prefrences for video is not avalable.

14. dhzzoo

dhzzoo Guest

[link removed]

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2006
  15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anyone whose post consists of nothing more than a link to a pay program will be suspended permanently. The point of a forum is to help folks with their questions, not advertising.

16. jazo1234

jazo1234 Guest

Way to put your foot down, Neph! LOL, mate.

17. dman1222

dman1222 Member

Is there a free converter software out there that converts dvds to mp4 without the annoying watermark? I have Cucsoft it works great but it has Trial Version right in the middle of the screen.

18. metalnick

metalnick Member

i have been using ultra ipod video converter and videora and they were working fine until it started saying unsupported or bad video files and they were working fine before i dont get it? someone help?

19. StarrySky

StarrySky Member

I tried doing it with Quicktime pro, but after it's done exporting it, everything is white and no sound or picture comes out. Just plain white. Am I supposed to do something else? Or what is it that I'm doing wrong? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me in this. Thank you.