1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.bin (idska32) un-openable?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by karar, Jun 15, 2005.

1. karar

karar Member

i downloaded two bin files.. which came without a .cue .. i made the .cue manually. but found that deamon tool was unable to mount it.
    I checked to open the bin directly in MagicIso software and it said invalid image file. I tried Nero but no luck.
    I have tried to change is exension to rar, ace, exe, cab, iso .. but no luck. I then opened the file in WordPad so that maybe the header line has some code which would explain its file type. And the file started with [bold]idska32[/bold]
    Searched google but no engliah langugage site contains the word idska32 .. so does anyone here has any idea about wht file this is.. and how to open it.

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Try a program called trid32. I can't remeber where to get it though. I think there is a link to it on filext.com somewhere, btu i cant go there now cause for some reason my school blocks all pages that have a .php extension.

3. karar

karar Member

The only file with name trid32 seems to be trident video drivers on google.
    as fa as filext.com is concerned.. i visited the site.. searched for software for bin files.. and other than usual software like CDRwin/WinISo etc.. there was nothing similar to name trid32

do u have the software urself.. can u mail or upload it somewhere?

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

after you created the cue, have you tried using dvd decrypter in iso write mode to see if it gets to disc.

If not can you post the log file for nero and decrypter so the experts (thats not me) can peruse them and see if there is a problem.

5. Sadeq

Sadeq Member

Aha! [bold]idska32[/bold]!

I've just run into these BIN files starting wih idska32, and found how to solve the problem.

These BIN files are not CD Images, they're rather part of a setup system called: "Inno Setup". This resembles "Installshield protected CAB" files, which were not simple CABinets.

OK, I'm sure u r eager to hear the rest...
    So, these files should not be burnt onto a CD, u shoud first obtain the main part (often, a SETUP.exe) which is able to extract files from BINs during a setup session.

Note: This info has been collected by experience, but I'd be glad if anyone finds documents and send it to me.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  6. karar

karar Member

hey u were rite... it did have an exe.. and it sure did work.
    Thx for the help..

7. Sadeq

Sadeq Member

Hope u enjoyed urself!

8. ChelOis

ChelOis Member

karar, was the file themansion ???

9. dzs

dzs Member

i have the same problem, i've downloaded some .bin files starting with idska32.
    Could you email me that exe file, please? It would be very useful.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2006
  10. ChelOis

ChelOis Member

To dzs:
    I suppose the EXE depends of your BINs. I had the files 'playboythemansion-1.bin' and 'playboythemansion-2.bin', and the EXE I found was:
    ftp://ftp.telecharger.com/jeux/playboythemansion.exe

11. dzs

dzs Member

Thanks for the link, I have three games in this hateful format, everquest2, Flt-sh2a (???) and playboythemansion! :DD So, this one is resolved!

But this installer seems working only with the correct bin files, so I need to find the suitable setup...:(

Thanks for the help!