AfterDawn Forums

How to burn psx ISO files

This discussion thread has 11 messages.

I have downloaded some ISO files from a few games, that I used to one, but are lost. And I want to burn it, so I can play it on my psx, is that possible??
▼▼ This topic has 10 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Well if you actually own it. You could use Nero and click on burn iso to burn it. If you don't have Nero reply to this thread again.
but what type of disc or what size of disc should u get to do it. and if a ps2 game doesn't have an iso file do u use the img files or what?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Jun 2005 @ 14:01
for PS1 games you need regular music cd's and for PS2 it depends on the size. If it's small enough to put on a cd then use a cd but if it's 700mb+ then burn it to a dvd
Yess I use regular CD's, and I have tride to copy one game in ISO format with Nero, but it doesn't work, what do I have to do to know for sure that it will work?
be more descriptive on why it doesn't work. Do you even have a mod chip or a why to boot backup games?
Yess if i'm right I have a mod chip, isn't that the regular chip so u can play copied games??
When I want to play those ISO burnd games, the playstation will start, but I get a strange image with strange letters, and then it freezes....
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Jun 2005 @ 14:13
PimpDawg Suspended due non-functional email address
Ok, here is what you need to do....

1) Find out for sure if you have a mod chip in your ps1 (easy enough to do)
2) Use clone CD or Alcohol 120 to burn the image file
3) Make sure you are using quality discs, ex. Memorex, Sony, TDK, etc. etc.
4) Make sure you are burning at the lowest possible speed.

Follow those steps and your backup games should run perfectly in your modded PSX.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 19 Jun 2005 @ 18:36

Proud member of the Afterdawn forums!
If you have a ps2 mod chip can you play burned ps games on it?
What's a image file? Do you have to make a image file of a ISO or bin file??
PimpDawg Suspended due non-functional email address
nasty48, yes you can play burned playstation games on a modded ps2.

Image file and ISO are the same thing. When you DL a game to your computer using say, Alcohol 120, you create an ISO/Image file. Sorry to confuse you there!

Proud member of the Afterdawn forums!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.