AfterDawn Forums

DVDDecrypter and Folder2Iso

This discussion thread has 7 messages.

I am having a problem with DVDs created with Folder2Iso. I convert a Video_TS file to Iso with Folder2Iso and burn it with DVDDecrypter. When I try to play it on a stand alone DVD player, it can't read the disk. I have tried this with a number of DVDs and it always can't play disk. Burning the Video_TS with Nero the DVDs play OK. I have downloaded a DVD iso and burnt with DVDDecrypter and it played OK. Folder2Iso seems pretty straight forward, I am stumped as to what the problem could be.
▼▼ This topic has 6 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
hi

basically it doesnt make a udf/iso or some thing like that, but it doesnt work with folder2iso...

just use other apps...

Nothing here to see, move along folks.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I tried Folder2Iso is that I am making a demonstration for my computer club about backing up DVDs using freeware alone. DVD Decrypter is a very good burning program, but only burns iso or img files. Would you be able to point me in the direction of a freeware program that creates iso or img files that Decrypter can use. Thanks!
hi

not sure on free? i use TMPGEnc dvd author to make iso's

oh dam forgot this one! hehehe ignore drawing on picture its old!

hi

dont you shrink your dvd's then? just rip and burn them?

Hi

I use DVD Rebuilder with Cinema Craft Encoder to backup my DVDs. As I said earlier I am trying to use all freeware for my club demonstration. I just followed your DVD Shrink example and it worked fine. Thanks!
hi

kool - i use avi2dvd for dvd to dvd (main movie only) it has 4 built in encoders or can use CCE

avi2dvd is free also!

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.