1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD2ONE

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by baabaa, Jan 25, 2003.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Just acquired the above software form www.dvd2one.com

Must admit thought it would be pants but fairly impressed for such a small program.

It basically re-encodes the movie (if over 4.36Gb) to excatly 4.36Gb.
    It strips out subtitles/audio u dont want.

Just done a trial on an old one 'aliens'

There is a drop off in quality(obviously) and keeps the ac3 5.1 that was selected.

The time factor was quick even for my 1.1Ghz,384Mb ram only took 30 minutes!!!!!!

Rip just the movie+relative ifo with dvd decrypter and use dvd2one, made my re-encoding easy+quick.

Trying to find out if anyone has/knows what the program does exactly regarding re-encoding, I believe it maybe dropping frames within the GOP or rencode.

It is really simple, and I just thought I would plug it!!!!!1_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I never did mind about the little things[/small]

2. groove

groove Member

yes i just tried it , so easy to use !!!!
    great result !!!!!!

i'm downloading the full version right now.

3. ali777

ali777 Guest

No talk of cracks, or your banned !!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2003
  4. groove

groove Member

no i am searching everywhere......
    i can't find it.
    full version is on edonkey
    but serial don't work

5. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Sounds interesting, but piracy is illegal, so keep it out of the general forumn.

6. groove

groove Member

i just have buy the soft.
    waiting for my registration key.

7. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

Great, post a full review when you get, have fun.

8. groove

groove Member

so it seems to be really nice , my full movie will be encoded after 17 minutes !!!!
    it is a 2 hour movie.

i will post a new message when it is done.

when i see all the hours that i have encoded movies.....

this soft is really easy to use , just 3 clics and you have yours vobs and ifos in a folder.

dond't need ifoedit anymore.....

i will check the result in 7 minutes.

9. groove

groove Member

THIS IS AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just buy this soft , i can't believe it.....

result is perfect !!!! after 17 minutes....

i can't see that the image was encoded !

you could not do better by yourself

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

msb5150,

Is right No piracy issues BACKUPS only.

This program is driving all forums I know mad with its simplicity.

HEH LADIES IT DOES PROVE GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestions say it is dropping frames or altering motion vectors WHO cares results speak for themselves.

HOW MANY HOURS HAVE YOUUUUU! SPENT RE-ENCODING.

People who r requesting a crack for it !!!!!

Why do u want a crack, for the price it does exactly what it says on the tin!!!!!

It has saved me a mass amount of money on upgrading my pc in excess of £300 so for £47 I am not complaining.

Finally I posted this late last night and the response has been overwelming, GREAT.

The drop off in quality is not all that noticeable so I dont believe it is re-encoding.
    I think (no way to prove @this time) that within the GOP makeup, it is doing away with certain 'b'frames etc and managing to keep smooth panning.OR it is changing the resolution by stretching/compress these frames.

WHAT DO U THINK ALL OPINIONS WELCOME AS PEOPLE R BEMUSED AT ITS SIMPLICITY.

11. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Does any one know where I can purchase it in the US. I don't know about buying from Europe or anything like that.

Thanks

sirmugen

12. baabaa

baabaa Active member

sirmugen,

I am in the uk and only know of the www.dvd2one.com

Sorry I know it doesn't help!

13. slay

slay Member

WOW WOW WOW - By it now !!!!!!

JUst backed up a 3 hour DVD in 55 mins.

Quality is good and its soooooooo fast and easy.

14. slay

slay Member

WOW WOW WOW - Buy it now !!!!!!

JUst backed up a 3 hour DVD in 55 mins.

Quality is good and its soooooooo fast and easy.

15. mhatip

mhatip Member

Hmm.. very interesting software, but i am getting very suspecous about its capability. It also sounds too good to be true. It could also be some kind of hoax program that doesn't do what you think it can do.

After having seen so many programs in the industry that are trying to encode movies for hours, where large amounts of research and inverstments are done, I am very suspecious, that some one out of no where would come out and claim, that they have a magic bullet that solves all the problem problems of copying DVDs.

I did go to the site of DVD2ONE, and saw that the auther says, that he wrote all the code in assembly from scratch, and was able to achieve incredible speed and other stuff. Well having being a programmer, i am sure that other softwares out there like, TMPEG, and other encoders, have been optimized to their best probably with assembly as well, and they still take at least 2 to 3 hours to encode a movie. And on top of that, you have to use other authoring programs to get the final DVD format to be readied for burning.

In conclusion, I am very suspecious about this program, and wouldn't really get involved with it, untill i get some solid feedback, and tests from recognizable senior members of this board.

Have a good day.

16. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I'm not totally disagreeing, but this author does have some credit to him. He wrote remote selector, a highly useful program to play any region dvd on any computer with a dvd drive, windows and an applicable dvd player, perhaps though you should try the trial and encode half an hour of video first before you pass judgement on a programmer because you do not believe that his program could have been optimized so well as to work in such a remarkable time frame.

17. rbnewcomb

rbnewcomb Guest

I bought and tried, and after using various methods to re-encode and then author the DVD; example CCE, TMPG, ReMpg... DVDit! Pro, or rip then ifo edit, then write.

It is nice to go from that to rip, then whip it into shape with DVD2ONE, then burn. There are quality issues that are noticable in dark scenes (like the night time helicopter landing in the movie WE WERE SOLDIERS). You have to be willing to sacrifice a small amount of quality (video) for the time saved.

All in all it gets a thumbs up, but the ability to use a secondary encoder (better quality) would be really sweet.

Lastly the dvd files created are 4.36 GB perfect for the home backup people who do not want to invest the time or toil with the many other methods of copying...

Good Luck

18. dvd2one

dvd2one Member

Hello,

Thank you for your responses.

Not the entire program is made in assembler only the parts where speed realy mathers :)

And i can asure you it is NOT a hoax, our software doesn't do a entire re-encoding like CCE does, but uses some advanced techniques to compress the allready encoded movie.
    This compression engine is smart, i constantly measures the output size so it will make optimal use of the 4.37 Gb UNLESS the movie with stripped streams is shorten then 4.37 in that case it will just rebuild the structure of the DVD so you can burn it to a DVD-r

Ordering is only possible via our website (http://www.dvd2one.com) we use a secure CreditCard system for safe transactions.

I just would like to mention the obligatory copyright notice. we we will not tolerate piracy or the trading of license-keys.
    If we find out you are sharing or spreading your license-key we automaticly void your registration and you're not allowed to download any future upgrades.

If you have any problems or questions about the program feel free to ask me.

19. dannyf

dannyf Member

To the guy from DVD2one. I have tried to purchase your program from the UK but whenever I click on the 'buy' link there is no response. I really want your program, why is the link not responding and also your contact link isnt working.
    There is nothing wrong with my computer and ive been trying now for 4 days.
    Please help me I really want your program.

Danny Flounders

20. dvd2one

dvd2one Member

Like the rest of the world, unfortunally we are also suffering from the "Slammer-worm" and his continues attack on servers :(

I'am sorry for the inconvience, but please bear with us we are doing everything possible to solve this problem.

Rene