1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter Copy error: Invalid address for write

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by akira007, Jun 22, 2005.

1. akira007

akira007 Member

Error shows up at 46% complete using DVD Decrypter
    I/O ERROR
    Device: (1:1:0) rioneer dvd-rw dvr-108 1.2(h)(ata)
    ScsiStatus:0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition
    CDB: 2A 00 00 0F A3 20 00 00 20 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) – Sectors: 1024800-1024831
    Sense area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 21 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    Interpretation: Invalid address for write

E 07:29:31 Failed to Write Sectors 1024992 - 1025023 - Invalid Address For Write

I'm using the Sony -R and have been for months, this just started a few days ago, any clues?????

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi akira007, welcome to aD,

A little information on an I/O error:

An I/O error deals with a disc 99% of the time and the other 1% of the time it is from the drive itself.
    An I/O error is usually received when attempting to burn to a crappy piece of media. Using a decent quality media will eliminate this error. An I/O error can also be seen when trying to rip a damaged or faulty OR a downright dirty or scratched DVD disc. Clean the disc, attempt to recover the disc using CDCheck.

http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/

Finally, if indeed it comes from your drive, sometimes just a laser lens cleaning with either canned air OR a Laser cleaning disc will solve the problem. All that said and done, you may have to check the burner / DVD ROM in another machine to sea if it is at fault. Very rare BUT possible.

Lets address your media,
    Always use a decent grade media. I suggest something like those discs made by Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Mitsubishii or RICOH. Unfortunately they are also the discs most plagued by pirate Mfgrs. and for that reason I like dealing with Mertline, Supermediastore OR Newegg who have a great return policy on their products.
    I have had great luck with Sony, Phillips, TDK, HP, Maxell +R (not the -R, they cannot be trusted), Fuji +R are fine But -R are not, Ritek, RiData, Verbatim DataLife and, Verbatim DataLife Plus discs are dependable and their prices are extremely reasonable. As a passing note, when buying Verbatim's, they come with a lifetime warrantee. Return them with your sales slip OR register receipt and a new one will be shipped to replace it.

I hope that has been of some help,

Cheers,

Pete

4. akira007

akira007 Member

Thanks for info, unfortunately all I have is Sony -R right now, I'll try cleaning the drive since I've never done it before. If that doesnt work I'll try different disk. Thanks

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

akira007,

Let's not worry about discs then, Sony is a fine media, Stick with it, BUT, just in case it's 1 "Dodgie" disc, try a second disc. Though I've never heard of a bad discs from Sony, experience teaches us that anything is possible :)

Pete

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I agree I had a spindle of Ritek Ridata branded(back when ritek was considered top of the line) and I suddenly started getting power calibration errors.I wound up having to burn the last 10 or so at a slower speed.So even the good stuff can be bad at times. :)