1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interlanced PAL MJPEG to Interlanced PAL DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kurbads, Jun 23, 2005.

1. kurbads

kurbads Member

I have captured 576x768 video with Miro DC30 MJPEG capture card from analog tape. As I found out at http://biphome.spray.se/gunnart/video/ it is "50fps PAL video with half vertical resolution". Both fields are captured in one frame and then jpeged, which makes kind of zigzagy video.

Only recently I have become aware of this interlance issue. For untill now I blured the zigzags and encoded at unreasonably high bitrates to presererve quality. There are not very much information about it. If you enter words "interlanced PAL dvd" in Google search you face 39 results.

I have been asked to convert it to DVD. The best quality I can achieve is to discard second field and bicubic resize the first one.

But I have feeling that there exists an interlanced PAL DVD format. Is there a way to feed all 50 half res frames into CCE and create interlanced PAL DVD? Or encode two half res streams separately and then mux somehow? (CCE doesn't accept 576x288 video) Or maybe CCE will encode each field separately if original interlance is preserved? I would crop and resize only horizontaly.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  2. kurbads

kurbads Member

I wrote a letter to Gunnar Thalin, look what he wrote: