1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archos AV420 Files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by ATJxTPB, Jun 24, 2005.

1. ATJxTPB

ATJxTPB Member

My Archos AV420's hard drive just crashed and I had to reformat it. I lost everything including the help folder and the wallpaper that came with the Archos. Does anyone have these files? Also, does anyone know why my hard drive crashed in the first place? Customer Service at Archos sucks so bad... Please help me out. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
  2. McTwist

McTwist Member

Yeah that same thing happened to me last week before going to the beach. It sucked but I got everything back. I don't have the help folder or the wallpapers, but you can just use your own pictures for backgrounds. Makes it look h0tt. But since mine crashed, I've upgraded to 3.0.02 and I have yet to figure out how to get my pictures as the background. If anyone knows help would be great.

Anyway, it could of been because you have low battery life and it shut off during a file transfer.

The USB cable might have come lose during a file transfer, corrupting data.

That's the only thing I know of that would of crashed your Archos. And yeah Archos's customer service really does suck.

L8r

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  3. RagePro

RagePro Guest

@ ATJ your not allowed to post ur email plz remove it or i will call the mods

4. MrArtic

MrArtic Member

I have an Archos AV 700 and i have succeded in using custom wallpapers. I resized a picture to fit the resolution of my AV 700:s screen and copied it straight in to the "/system" directory. I dont know it works for your model but this worked for me.