1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Lab Pro Audio Demux Problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by jubbely, Jun 25, 2005.

1. jubbely

jubbely Member

When I import a particluar .mpeg file into DVD-Lab Pro, there seems to be a problem with the demuxing. The video .mpv track ends up with a duration of 23:55 and the audio 23:56. This means that, when authored, the sound slowly gets out of sync.

What is people's advice on how to avoid this? Do I need to process the audio in a different way?

Most of assets I have imported in the past have not had this problem...

Appreciate some help here..

Thanks guys

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you tested it to see if it goes out of Sync?? Because a Lot of Times the Video and audio will use different Time codes and will show Different lengths but it doesn"t mean that it will go out of Sync....

Take For instance if the Audio uses a Non-Drop frame Time Code but the Video does use a Drop frame Time Code then the Audio and Video will report a Length differance of about 7 seconds over a 2 hour movie but after compileing and Burning to DVD they are In Perfect Sync ,This is just because the way the 2 Files Measure time is Different but the actualt Lengths are the Same....

If the File does go out of Sync Though then I suggest you use a different Program to De-Mux the Audio and Video Streams Like the "Simple De-Multiplex" feature in "Tmpgenc Pluss" or the De-Multiplex in "Womble Mpeg2VCR"....Or even Try makeing the DVD without demuxing.....

Good Luck

3. jubbely

jubbely Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I have authored and tested and it does definately go out of sync.

I have treid de-muxing in womble and the files still seem to be of different lengths. I also tried with Tmpgenc Plus, and the video created is choppy and the video is now the same duration as the audio (23.56) - before, the video was coming out as 23.55.

Unfortunatly, when I author the Tmpgenc created files, the video comes out all choppy and the sync. is sven worse than before.

Any more ideas anyone?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well the only other thing I can suggest is to extract the audio from your Source File and encode it to Mpeg-1 Layer-2 audio or AC3 and then try authoring it to DVD with the Mpeg Video file but if that don"t work then there isn"t much Else I can think of....

Good Luck