1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Four DVD's onto one (or two) possible with Nero?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by smithco, Jul 3, 2005.

1. smithco

smithco Member

I'm brand new to burning DVD's, so I appreciate your help with probably a simplistic question.

I took dozens of camcorder videos of my daughter's high school dance team (she was the Captain). I used Dazzle DVC150 to load them into my hard drive and edited them into MPEG files, with the intent of burning them all onto a DVD and give copies to all of the team members.

I bought an external Memorex DVD recorder (capable of dual format, double layer, DVD+R/-R, DVD+R9, DVD+RW/-RW, DVD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW,CD-ROM) that included the Nero 6 Memorex Suite software. I used Nero Vision Express 2 to burn all of the MPEG files onto DVD's, but it took four DVD's (I used DVD-R disks) to burn the 3 hours of video....about 45 minutes per DVD. Is this the best I can do? Is there a way to get them burned to one or two DVD's?

I'm a total newbie, but catch on quickly to technology, so again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Cole Smith

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

NVE gives you some choices of how you capture your DV. This is similar to most other capture programs. Take a look here:
    http://nero.com/us/631956523192996.html
    -> "to capture video" guide. You can see that you have a choice between:

DV type-1
    DV type-2
    DVD
    SVCD
    and Custom.

You probably used a choice like "DVD" when a choice of DV type-1 would have used less disc space.

Look and see if your dazzle capture program has these settings or just use NVE for the capture.

You can still use DVD Shrink to add compression to each DVD, saving the compressed version to your HDD. Once you get them all saved, combine them and join by using Shrink in the reauthor mode. You could also "splice" them back together using NVE.

If you still have the original footage, saving in a different format would be best.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  3. smithco

smithco Member

Thanks! I'll try your suggestions.

Cole

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'm glad we could help, let us know how it turns out.
    Cheers,
    Frank