1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About free iPod / PSP / etc schemes

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dRD, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/04/matrix_oft/

For all of those you who haven't still realized the fact that "if sounds too good to be true, it most likely is". All of the "free iPod", "free PSP", "free whatever" scams are typically either

a) pure scams that don't give you anything in return, but want your credit card details or personal details and pass these to criminal organizations that eventually will sky-rocket your CC bills or sell your personal details to spammers, etc with a label "dumb, naive and very likely to buy your next scam promotion item"

b) unlawful lotteries in which you purchase worthless item and hope to win something. CC details, etc have the same treatment as above.

c) illegal pyramid schemes where only the guys who actually set up the scheme win something. Pyramid schemes are illegal in virtually all Western countries and for those of you who religiously believe that you might get something once you move a slot up in your pyramid -- with the time you've wasted on such schemes, you would have probably worked in real-life job and earned enough cash to buy 10 PSPs, iPods, etc.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Thanks Boss,

while were at it, sites like ultimatemoviedownload are also a con. Do [bold]not[/bold] pay these people!!

3. solargame

solargame Regular member

yes, i agree, i once paid 20 bucks for ultimatemoviedownload, and turns out it was a freeware p2p program with terrible speed. they said the 20 bucks was the customer support(customer support my ass),the support sucked as well as the program.

4. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

OK about time somebody cleared things up, got me confused. Thanx dRD.

5. solargame

solargame Regular member

yet there are so many suckers in the world, like me, once i downloaded this guide to hacking a friends e-mail address and it said to type in your email, [bold]your password[/bold] and the victims email. i fell for it, a couple hours later it said, srry it was unable to work. then the next day i realized it was a scam, i quickly changed my password before anything happened.

6. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

This might sound low, but I added my own twist to hacking my friends accounts. I jus emailed them what I read BUT made them email it to a secret email address I made. Again thanx for the notice admin. enough of me on this thread.

7. Tib3001

Tib3001 Guest

Actually you are INCORRECT. Not all of them are scams or illegal sites. The Gratis Network is registered with the BBB and have proven themselves to be legit to me now 6 times!

It's pretty simple and with the help of such sites like www.freeipodguide.com's forum you can easily get your requirements. You just have to sign up and complete a sponsors offer(like sign up to columbia house, bmg, ebay or such) and then have "x" amount of people join under your referral like and complete a offer. It's that simple.

Check out my website if you'd like to see the proof
    [BULLCRAP LINK REMOVED] on them...not too bad if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2005
  8. solargame

solargame Regular member

hey tib do you know any of those i could try that does not require paying money or using a credit card?

9. Tib3001

Tib3001 Guest

The ebay one is one that doesn't require a credit card if you have a AOL account. Most of them require a credit card but are free trials just have to quit them before the trial ends.

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

how much spam and junk mail do you get everyday, along with telemarketers calling and harassing you? Just isn't worth it to me.

11. solargame

solargame Regular member

@ tib, im only 13 and i dont think i should do anything with a credit card.

12. Tib3001

Tib3001 Guest

Honestly I get absolutely NONE...if you guys think it's a scam why don't you check out my proof page on my website and then sign up for one of them to give it a try. You could also check out www.freeipodguide.com and see it for yourself.

Whenever you sign up to a Gratis Networks free site there is a check mark box to select or unselect if you wish to join their mailing list and such.

I get NO phone calls and NO emails. Just in case I made up a extra Gmail account to test the waters and havn't recieved anything extra!

You don't have to believe me but if you check out the information i'm giving you and try it out you'll be amazed at the results! I could believe it myself...I was on the R1-forum.com when a member posted this and I didn't believe it but it was back in Nov. or so and they had a free offer to sign up to ebay and try it for free and just be a high bidder and didn't have to win to complete the offer...so I did and posted my link on the R1-Forum like everyone else did...after about a month enough people gave it a shot and I had my 5 referrals I needed. Then I requested they verify my account(make sure it's not you refering yourself or cheating the system), it came back verified so I requested my 20Gb 4th Gen Ipod...and was thinking here probably comes the catch...nope the order went Sent to Vendor and then shipped within 3 days...another 3 days went by and I was answering the door for the DHL guy...I thought okay it'll probably be COD...NOPE he just asked me to sign for the package and it was mine. A brand new, never used, NOT refurbished Ipod.

Try it out it doesn't hurt to try.

This monday is when my free desktop pc from them is scheduled to be delivered I can't wait.

IF you guys have questions about it please just ask.

13. Tib3001

Tib3001 Guest

This is true you must be 18 years of age and be a United State resident for the site to work. You can always have your parents do it for you.

14. Tib3001

Tib3001 Guest

15. solargame

solargame Regular member

my parents think this is all crap, i want to try it though, like you said, never hurts to try.

16. solargame

solargame Regular member

i truly think the hard part is getting the friends to sign up. do the friends need to sign up for the same exact thing you did?

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do you hear the approaching thunder????

18. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

solargame

Do you actually believe this idiot pushing these scams or dRD and the links he gave? It's an out and out scam and the punk that I just banned knows it.

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

lol nice one Neph! Probably made all that junk up just to get ppl to fall for his scam.

20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

not me!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.