1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AEROCOOL JETMASTER CASE please help with hd led

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by CKY_2084, Jul 10, 2005.

1. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I just bought a AEROCOOL JETMASTER and well when I got it from Newegg I was a little disapointed in the handy work these guys did on making this case. The motherboard had to be forced in a little bit and some other things adjusted. Not to mention the RESET BUTTON wire was right along the edge of the HD bays so it was yanked out of the button when I put the HDs in, but all in all after a little work and a little solder on the reset button everything fits nice and works well now. Well besides the HD LED. I have the HD LED wire hooked to the right pins on the mobo and all but for some reason the HD LED STAYS ON THE WHOLE TIME, ITS JUST A SOLID RED LIGHT. Is this normal on this case or any ideas on how I can fix it. I looked at the wire and it looks a little frayed but doesnt look like it is bad at all and I am wondering if this is normal for the light to stay on with this case. Any ideas thanks.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what about the green power light, is it on or, off or flashes every so often???

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

no the power led is just fine

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try just reversing the plug into the mother board and see what that does?

5. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

I reveresed it and I know its the right plug on the mobo, because Ive put this mobo in two different cases before and know the board like the back or my hand. The + and minus are correct.When I do reverse it though it doesnt come on at all. What parts are in a HD LED is it just a resistor and a led or is it a little chip and a led. Because if its a resistor I will just take the whole thing out and make my own.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

just a led. the colored wire is plus & the black or white is negative