1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd using DIKO

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sfcausa, Jul 10, 2005.

1. sfcausa

sfcausa Member

It my first time converting avi to dvd using DIKO software. I get this error message loadplugins:"c:\program files\DIKO\avisynth plugins\asharp.dll is not an AVIsynth 1.0 plugins. I thought DIKO has the AVIsynth included in the program. Please give detail since I am a very newbie. Thanks

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I have never heard of this app called DIKO.

I use VSO DivXtoDVD v0.5.2b (Freeware) to convert all my video to DVD.

VSO is working hard getting DivXtoDVD v2.0 ready.

So try the free version a try. It's very simple and I think does a good job.

My 2 cents worth !

3. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@sfcausa,

I'm with cougar_ii on this. I've never heard of DIKO?? According to my experiences and knowledge I've used DivXtoDVD for converting AVI to DVD with great success in the past. Once the "converting process" is completed, I use Nero to do the back up. I usually put 6 episodes into one single DVD+R disc and the quality is super. Here is a link, you can download it here, yes... it's "free" - here it is http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm -- have fun burnings.

4. sfcausa

sfcausa Member

Thank you both (cougar & alkohol). I figure it out that error after 8 hours of researching. I tried the your suggestion to use divxtodvd. The image ISO extension file is missing. There were no error reporting during the conversion. However, when I read the text document in one of the conversion file and found error reporting that something about the AVC. I don't have the exact message. I will look it up for the next message. I am not sure what I did. I follow the guide & instruction.

I have the same problem with DIKO also that the ISO extension file is missing. Somehow the image is not converting, this is the text error.
    A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'file:///E:/diko_STH_temp/ded.sml. Line 8, position 51
    <vob file="E:\diko_STH_temp\o - [fob&kdrama]name of my movie[8A28527F].mpg

Giving E:\diko_STH is my path

When I look it up line 8, position 51, the semi colon is connecting the second part of the movie (the 1st episode avi+E:\my 2nd file....)

Anyway, I would really, really appreciate any help from any one. Thanks in advance.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Please do not try to bold thread title again !!

If I'd ever come across DIKO I would advise if able to , but I'm with the others on this ... DivXtoDVD works fine :)

Maybe the file you're trying to encode is corrupt (?)

6. gilera

gilera Regular member

I concur with all, i have tried Diko, Santa, WinAvi, VSO DivxtoDvd leaves them all standing as to quality and flexibility.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i am having a love affiar with avi2dvd

man its goooooddddd....

;-])

8. sfcausa

sfcausa Member

Hello every one,

Thanks for all u're suggestion. I dl the K lite codec & it convert. However, I am still not getting the ISO.estension file. Instead I got the MPG file. What is up? I also author it to burn to the DVD. It didn't happen because it didn't convert to the ISO file. It looks like it didnot complete the authoring. This is what was in the activity log.
    Initiating authoring...
    creating dvdauthor xml file...
    author using DVDAuthor. Command-line:
    dvdauthor\dvdauthor.exe -x":\my path_temp\dvd.xml"

When I check the dvd file, there was an error on that page.

Please help.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi not sure? it is a beta app, try uninstall and reload it...

but if it got to the author stage there should be a folders with all the vob/ifo/bup made you can burn those r load to dvd shrink!

10. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

Perhaps, you might have a corrupted files by chance? Sorry, I don't know anything about the K lite codec stuff. I'm totally lost on this now. However, I've been using DivXtoDVD for a few months now and I've never experienced any codec issues what-so-ever. I usually "convert" it one episode or one movie at a time only, and once I'm done, I just back it up with Nero.

11. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

People need to realize, there might be problems with the source files, and not always with the software.

DivXtoDVD works for me 98% of the time, if not 99% :)

I have had a few issues, but it was the video file itself.
    No other software wanted to deal with this file either.

This is all part of life :)

12. sfcausa

sfcausa Member

Hi everyone,

I used divxtodvd and it worked well. I will burn it tonight with nero. I have to say the quality is good, but the quality from diko is much better. I tried both softwares.

Using diko, I didnot get to finish burning it to DVD. I used the MPG files that was created by diko and burn it with dvdsanta and it worked. the quality is great. Though, it is too bad that the whole process didnot get completed (did not create ISO extension files).

If anyone would try and know how to fix the problem, please share with me. I know the files are not corrupted because it works in other software like divx. Thank you so much for all the responses.

13. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Please realise that DivXtoDVD v0.5.2b was just a preview for VSO Software.

They are working on DivXtoDVD Pro v2.0 and they will/should improve video quality and sound.

14. csc

csc Member

Hi all. I'd like to know a little more about Diko too. I've had several attempts to convert avi's to dvd fail using Diko, and would like to know if there are any forums regarding this software.
    I, like a few others have had great success with Avi2dvd and The Film Machine, but would like to know if there are any better. Not that the above are ordinary or bad in anyway as I've found them both to be excellent. I've had success with both, without the problems associated with Diko.
    Many thanks in advance.

15. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I have heard good about Avi2dvd and The Film Machine.

I use VSO DivxToDVD.

There's DVDSanta and millions of other apps...

I heard a little bit about Diko since my last post, way above :)

I think it's a matter of choosing one that you like, and that it provides YOU the wanted end results.

I like what VSO DivxToDVD offers me (Chapters, Menus, Subtitles, built in burn engine).

Happy software hunting !

16. csc

csc Member

Thanks cougar_ii.
    I'll download it and give it a try over the next few days.
    I'm intersested the Divx2Dvd v2.0 pro as quality is a must.
    The reason I like Avi2dvd, and The Film Machine is because they both use and external encoders like CCE.
    I Rip the movie files as avi's to my hd using canopus lets edit, and use the above to output them to dvd. Works really well too !
    I've used CCE for many years now, and am a huge fan.
    I have so much svhs and hi8 footage of my family and children and need to convert them to dvd.
    Many thanks once again.

17. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

If your a CCE user, you might not like DivxToDVD's quality.

I have read CCE makes better quality than DivxToDVD, but I ain't no video expert and not a quality freak !

But hey, the demo is FREE, give it a world :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  18. csc

csc Member

Thanks for letting me know cougar.
    As I said earlier. I'm huge on quality and thus the reason for cce.
    It's the reason I was interested in Diko. You can select the encoder you have or want to use, CCE, HC, QuEc, what ever. Then Diko can do the rest in one click mode.
    I'll keep searching. Many thanks anyway !

19. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Heres a quick tutorial for DIKO. I havent tried it myself but plan on it for the next couple days. I will be putting my collection of weeds onto a dvd. I'll display my opinion when I am done.

http://www.vmesquita.com/dikoauthor/

20. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

ok I did try it. My first issue with opening the program is you cannot add audio to your menu. Other than that I found it very simple to use and at first it had won me over over with its creation of menus you could achieve with dvd styler. Unfortunately, after setting everything up and waiting hrs on hrs (i ended up going to bed - ia have a very slow comp )when I awoke there was an error. I recieved the same error sfcausa did. Is there freeware that supports the same functions as diko without such errors. Going to try divx to dvd. That could be what I am looking for