1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RealAudio to Audio CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sonshine, Jul 11, 2005.

1. sonshine

sonshine Member

I am an absolute beginner, and I searched the forum and couldn't piece together how to do this.

There are a series of Real Audio files online that I want to put on a CD to play in a regular CD player. How do I save the files to my computer in a format that I can burn to a CD (to play in my ordinary CD player- NOT mp3 format)??

Thanks so much!!

2. marcus23

marcus23 Regular member

You should search for some real audio recording programs. I think that you can find such tool on real.com. Then you should be able to burn it as audio CD in every burner which support real format decoding.

3. sonshine

sonshine Member

Alright, my problem seems to be that the files are in the format .ram and my burner (through real or other) won't burn that format. I downloaded a converter also but it only recognizes .rm or .ra files. How can I convert a .ram file to .rm or .ra???

Thanks again!

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

What are the sizes of these .ram files?

If they are small 1KB files then they are just redirector metafiles.
    Text files with a .ram extension that are a type of playlist that point to the location of the actual media file. These cannot be converted.

If they are larger files, then they are actual media file and are just named with the wrong extension. Change .ram to .ra or .rm to convert.

If the media is streamed, then you will have to use streaming media recording to download the actual media files, before they can be converted or burned to a CD.

Click the link below and start reading. The FAQ is a good place to start.

5. sonshine

sonshine Member

Thank you, thank you!! :)