1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-A rip [only in stereo]

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by fisiko, Jul 12, 2005.

1. fisiko

fisiko Member

hi,

I'm trying to rip some DVD-audio with DVDAripper & PPCMripper. These programms are some kind of addons for WinDVD. They worked ok but all the *.wav I made are only in stereo, no multichanel.

I think the problem comes from WinDVD who doesn't play correctly the multichanel. I tried to change some parameters in the settings but it was unsuccessful :/ I'm using WinDVD 7. Does anyone knows how to configure it to be able to enable the multichanel play ?

PS: i just got 2 stereo speakers on the pc.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  2. DataWin

DataWin Member

Hi,

When you has passed the files with DVDARipper into Hard Drive, because don't you try to make something like this?:
    "ppcmripper 96000 F:\AUDIO_TS D:\TEMP -w -s" (THIS IS A EXPERIMENTAL *.BAT).
    Probably you was able to capture the surround music.
    Note:
    F:\AUDIO_TS is the directory where you store the ripped DVD-AUDIO with DVDARipper.
    D:\TEMP is the directory where ppcmripper send the ripped music.
    The -w (cut the watermarks) an -s (capture the surround).
    Be sure the frequency is 96000 or another (WinDVD indicates in Information dialog).

If works, you are lucky men.
    See you...

3. DataWin

DataWin Member

Hi,
    I think I know how to rip the sound 24/96 - DTS (5.1) from the DVD-Audio disc.

01. From DVDARipper, extract the folder AUDIO_TS to the hard disc.
    02. Mount as a virtual driver.
    03. Launch ppcmripper with the commands -w -s and so you obtains the DTS stream.

I hope this work so well

Bye.

4. tino123

tino123 Member

Hi, I am trying to find the tools pack you were using to rip DVD-audio these days, but get nothing, so I will be very very glad if you could send me a copy of those tools. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005