1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does any body use dvd-rb with quenc?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by l8nights, Jul 12, 2005.

1. l8nights

l8nights Guest

I have just recently started experimenting with dvd-rb? and wanted to use the free apps to get my feet wet.(incase I was just to dense) after all was said and done and the smoke cleared the result was an incredibly sharp ,crisp picture. with the exception of two quick barely noticable instances of pixelation. this is the first and only back-upwith the app's the title was hide&seek and i think the pixelation is when the difference in the multiple versions of the movie split I have to checkon it some one told me that this was a bad movie to use dvd-rb with but I disagree. I'm the kind of person that has to learn what not to do. anyway's question's have arose and since I can only make it through about thirty of the ninety pg's of the dvd-rb w/ cce thread without going comatose or into seizure's I thought I would try here

after encoding I was left with a video ts file I was told to let dvd-rb create a iso I was unable to find any such settings is this a setting only possible with cce?
    I ended up using shrink to create the iso to burn with decrypter. So basically I just added a six hour step to the process I was using.
    is there a better way to burn seems this is a lot of encoding could this cause loss of quality?
    the other question relates to the six hour thing I was assuming it might take up to four doing tv series. is this bcuz I just clicked on all the quality setting's I could find and is there some that are unnecessary?

(I hope somebody has more patients than I do)

2. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

i use RB with HC. over the official RB forum, people says that HC is as good as CCE.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

l8nights,

There is no reason to make an ISO just leave it in file mode and burn with any dvd burning app (I prefer nero). I don't recommend running it back through dvd shrink. I found that shrinks encoder even set at no compression causes the background to be jittery on some scenes when played back on my 52" big screen. I discovered this when I was useing shrink as a ripper. I rip now with dvdd exclusively and all scenes are perfect. Leave shrink out of the picture your defeating the purpose of DVD-RB.

Mort

4. l8nights

l8nights Guest

@ mort81 I have dvdd which I have burned every commercialy made title I have ever burned with and sonic record now which came with the p.c. new I believe both need an iso to burn might be mistaken though. I also have click to dvd also rarely used but I think it's an encoder of it's own. I'll have to spend some trial&error time

@elizerroj I 've heard good things about this app might just give it a go 1 question though how's the average start to finish time I have heard this one might cut quenc time in half being the cynic that I am I assumed this meant lower quality.

I still wish I know how I let dvd-rb make the iso.(if this is possible)thnx 4 the insight guys.

5. l8nights

l8nights Guest

under quenc advance options there is an option 4 16x9 or4x3 among others does this setting change the output or and is this reccomended or will it cause problems

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

l8nights,

I have DVD-RB Pro 1.0 RC2 and am not sure if this option is available in the free version but under file there is an option to write ISO image to disc.

Depending on what style of tv you have, I would select 16x9 for widesreen tvs and 4x3 for regular format tvs. 16x9 you will get the entire picture with small black bars on top and bottom but with most widescreen tvs you can change the format (16x9 zoom on mine) to fill the entire screen. 4x3 will chop off the edges on both sides of the picture to fill your entire screen. You won't have the black bars on top and bottom but you are missing some of the picture on each side.

Mort

7. l8nights

l8nights Guest

I do use the free version that came with the installer v.93 I think and I must be dense but I am not able to find any settings that refference any thing about an iso will sonic record now burn this video_ts I have not used this app to much just came w/ the p.c.

can any body think of a better way than running the completed project through shrink to create the iso this just seems like a lot of chances for error creation.

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I would ask on the DVD-RB/CCE thread what is required to upgrade to the pro version of RB. I'm sure it's not more than $25 and well worth the money. I donated prior to the pro version and was upgraded autpmatically when pro came out so I don't know what is required to upgrade from the free vs to pro 1.0 RC2 now.

I don't use sonic but would think it would burn VIDEO_TS folders.

Mort

9. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

just 10$ and you'll find the link in your RB help