1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express and Image Recorder?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by quirky1, Jul 12, 2005.

1. quirky1

quirky1 Member

Hi All,

I have 2 machines - one with a DVD recorder, one without.

Because I use the machine with the DVD recorder as my primary work machine I'd like to use the other machine with Nero Vision Express to perform the transcoding of source files (ie AVI, MPG, WMV) to DVD format files for later burning to actual DVD on the other machine.

Unfortunately, when I open Nero Vision Express on the machine that doesn't have the DVD writer, it doesn't offer me an option to create DVD Movies (I guess this makes sense, as I assume it hasn't detected a DVD recorder). I was wondering if there was a way to make Nero Vision Express work with the Nero Image Recorder (you can make the Nero Burning ROM application emulate the existence of a DVD recorder with Image Recorder, for example)?

Basically, I just want to take my source files, burn them as a DVD Movie to my harddrive, then transfer the file(s) to my other machine for burning onto an actual DVD.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and how to do it if it is?

Note: I have the most recent versions of Nero Burning ROM and Nero Vision Express.

Many thanks,

quirky1

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Haven't really try this, but if you just want to enable all recorder functions that Nero provides, you can do this by checking 'config' at Nero StartSmart, then check 'enable all recorder formats'.
    Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005