1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero conflicts

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by andya05, Jul 13, 2005.

1. andya05

andya05 Member

Good day to one and all
    My first post here, seems like nice place to be. I have had a quick browse through all of the threads and not really seen a response to my question, apologies if I have missed it somewhere :)
    OK here goes, just started to back up my massive music collection to DVD. Bought a Pioneer 109 16X Dual Layer DVD Burner Firewire
    USB 2 & FireWire and use USB2, have ritek media discs and the latest demo of nero, using xp pro o/s. So my problem sometimes and quite often is that nero will freeze with no apparent reason and not close down when requested by "end task" in task manager, so I have to reset my machine which is really annoying me. I have heard Nero can conflict with other software apps. I have disabled the xp burning software as suggested here somewhere. I have no other burning / copying software installed. suggestions ? or maybe a diff reliable application.
    Many thanks for your time, it is appreciated. :)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Did you happen to install INCD by Nero when you installed Nero? If so get rid of it because this program causes all kinds of conflicts and you really dont need it at all. Nero even has a clean tool at there site so you can make sure you get rid of it completly.. You may also want to make sure you update your drives firmware and if you have it maybe you could post the last Nero log here (make sure you edit the serial number out before posting)

3. andya05

andya05 Member

I see, does that come with last nero demo d/l ??

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I cant remember if it does or not I havent had the demo in years, but I think it does.. You should see a icon in your system try down by the clock if it is loaded. If it is get rid of it. If not let me know.

5. gemini20

gemini20 Guest

I also encounter the same problem as yours with my Sony DRX-500ULX with firmware ver2.1a and using Nero Burning Rom Nero-Burning Rom 6.6.0.14. We are still trying to find a solution. You might like to take a look at my thread

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/209132

6. andya05

andya05 Member

I think its just the ordinary nero burn icon in the systray

7. andya05

andya05 Member

maybe a new package is called for