1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having some problems...

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by demond21, Jul 14, 2005.

1. demond21

demond21 Member

Hi,
    I have homevideos i am trying to put on DVDs and right now i have 2 files (one is a AVI file and the other is a mpeg-4/media file) both contain the same content but neither of them fit when i try to add them to nerovision express 3 so i can burn them. A pop up screen appears saying "your current project exceeds the capacity of a normal dvd, still can fit on a dvd-9, but there is no dvd-9 burner in you system, then it asks if i want to reduce the quality but that doesnt work either. So right now i am stuck as to what to do next. I have the video i want fully edited. The movie is 3h 54m 55s long and 352x420(half D-1) 4:3.(4.3GB) and it exceeds the 4.7 limit by 1.28 GB more.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

-Demond

P.S. if there is more infomation needed to help your cause please let me know so i can post it.!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Use DVD Shrink.
    Try burning to a location on your hard drive. Once that is done download and open DVD Shrink. Select Open Files. Load your video and then Select backup. For the target device select your burner. Shrink will open Nero automatically and start the burn process. This is a pretty huge movie so I don't know if Shrink will be able to Shrink it that much. You said it exceeds the 4.7 limit (actually 4.38) by 1.28 so that is within Shrinks capabilities. You may have to go into Shrink and adjust a few settings. I have a guide here:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial002.html

Shrink is free and won't hurt to try. Bear in mind that Shrink only works with DVD-Video compliant files so don't try it on your .avi or mpeg. Just make sure that Nerovision Express is creating compliant files when you burn to your hard drive.