1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GC Disc Server v1.3.0 beta - ParadoX

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by boki2002, Jul 17, 2005.

1. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

Ok, so i'm trying to load a file to my gamecube using PSO. i've mangaed to get the settings onto the memory card etc. Step one is done. Now i want to load a game. i'm using "GC Disc Server v1.3.0 beta - ParadoX" and following a tutorial from Maxconsole.com. I get to the part where i try to run the game, but it only desplays "..X..XX..X." on the program where it is ment to say "..C.CC..CC.." to indicate it is running. On my TV it just desplays "LOADING" - i am advised to change to frequency and desplay but i still says the same thing. IMAGE BELOW>

LINK: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/boki2002/GCDiscServer.bmp

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2005
  2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up boki2002 I think the only thing GCDiscServer programs are good for is if you want to stream games from a PC drive to the GC using a burnt disc.If you use Cubesoft Phoenix Loader you will get better results,it has more updated and better loaders.Just use Phoenix with the GCSimulator loader and you should be good to go with streaming images.Another thing Phoenix has is the support for sending .Bin,.Dol files and it has alot more areas it can cover that will help you out.Here is a pic of what the program looks like
    [​IMG]

You can find it off Maxconsole,just type in the search cubesoft phoenix it should pop up.I hope this helps you out alright,but I would switch to Phoenix for streaming.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  3. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

bruv, do u have an MSN messenger address. its long waiting for replys from proffessionals. u get me. send me a PM if so.

FORGOT TO SAY THANKS SO MUCH. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2005
  4. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

L-Burna - i downlaoded Phoenix 1.5 but when loaded says runtime error 553" or something like that. Anyways dl Phoenix 1.3 and booted it up. ok. Now is the long part. i'm was following a tutorial from afterdawn adn icemonkey (updated one) it states change the lader etc. But nothing works.

here are some of my findings.

GCL 1.0
    Phoenix PC Server = LOADING SCREEN (STAYS LIKE THAT)
    DOL LOADER: PSUL

ACL 1.4
    DOL LOADER: PSOLOAD

ACL 1.4
    DOL LOADER: PSUL

i've tried nealry all possible combinations. What are you people using that works. And how long do i have to wait for the game to start loading. at the bottom of Phoenix the status alwayz says 0kb transfered.

Help

5. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

That error whick comes with 2.5, you need these files in same directory to it to work:
    http://www.freewebtown.com/make86/files/needed_phoenix_files.zip
    And when your using Phoenix, make sure you check off "attempt to resume on lost packet" -it boots GC pretty surely if checked.

And what game you are trying to play? some games simply wont work with any loader.

And try changing delay, freq, and cache. And use standard PC server, others suck.

And it may take even 5min to load.
    Good advise is, that game streaming is'nt good with requiring games.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2005
  6. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

the only to games i have are Paper Mario 2 and Mario Power Tennis. i tried to load Power tennis, but nothing.

What about N64 Roms, why dont they load?

i just tried load a file using 2.5 with the extra files and it loads up but when i try to stream a game, PSO tries to find a DNS Server, and stops.

I've tried to laod Golden Eye.v64 (N64) using Pheonix v2.3 and waited 10 minutes but nothing. LOADING is desplayed on the screen while on my deskop there is some movement of the "Waiting" bit in Starcube Dos Loader. Its moving there but still nothing loading.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2005
  7. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

anyone please help, i'm getting restless.

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

"...x..xxx...xx.x.x." = dropped packets. The connection between the Gamecube and the PC isn't that good. If you're connecting through a router try bypassing it and connecting directly from the PC to the Gamecube using a crossover cable. Also try updating your network card drivers or using a different network adapter if at all possible. Many of theses streaming programs were written with Netgear cards in mind although I only use 3Com's and have had no streaming problems what-so-ever. Note that it could also be a cabling issue or even a remote chance it might be the BBA adapter but that's unlikely.

9. boki2002

boki2002 Guest

no need, sorry for wasting ur time, did it today. thanks