1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

My bitch:

When you are in almost any forum and you are trying to help a newbie that can't understand the slightest directions. The main part of this bitch is that I hate it when people say "Could you write me a step by step tutorial with pictures, thanx". This just irritates me so much because I/we are not machines designed to make idiots' lives easier. I/we are people that voluntarily come here to HELP people, not spoon feed them. Do they honestly think I/we are going to write a tutorial just for them, yes they do but no one will do it. The fact of the matter is that the only way people will make tutorials is if there are 'how to' threads clogging the forums.

That was a load off.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@xxteakxx,
    they couldn't find the guide even if it was stickied right above their posting. Look how many people post asking for unlock codes when there are now 5 threads active explaining how, where, why, and links to very well written guides (obviously not written by me 'cuz I can understand them) and they still ask for codes! BTW there is even a sticky promising instant banishment for life if they ask for codes, yet they ask for codes. My head is going to explode, Beer!, Need Beer!

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

/me hands Blivet a pint of Guinness
    @ xxteakxx : Welcome to my world, it's good to see another person realises that being well mannered and nice is exercise in futility if you plan to stay here long.

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

throw in a pack of djarum blacks, and i'll join your party.

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Shut it furry, i already made you head of security, and hall monitor extraordinaire, but you keep dissapearing off to unknown locations ! :p

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's right! you even gave me a gold-plated .50 caliber desert eagle, complete with a holster made from the flesh of a thousand retarded forum members.

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@fiend,
    I may stay long, long after my sanity leaves, slowly stolen away by the penguins. those pesky little well dressed, mild mannered weasels in disguise are stealing everyone's brain cells, stop them now before we all feel the need to vote for Hilary Clinton! Oh the humanity!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  8. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I think what you are forgetting is that many of us are computer stupid, many of us also never grew up in this high tech era, and if you dont understand computers and especially your geek lingo its extremly hard for people like me.
    I might ask a simple question that probably is totally stupid to you, because I'm not savvy yes I sometimes do need step by step instructions and using regular lingo also.

I'll build you a house, repair an engine or take a firearm apart with my eyes closed, and if you or anybody as you would call is an idiot to do any of those things I will take my time and explain in detail talking, watch spot run, so to speak just so you can understand and are willing to learn I will be more than happy to teach you, and not use construction lingo or abreviations that would totally confuse you, thats just a no brainer.

Most people at AD do have the patience and some dont, if you dont, dont respond, and also if you are a newbie, say so, kindly state it and ask, dont forget your please and thank you's, I've mastered many things in my life, but this computer stuff it can be a bitch but I aint gonna give up till I do, I dont want to hit a homerun, I would just be glad to get out of the dugout and reach first base on computer knowledge.

And I'll tell you something else I have learned about computer people, most are like a tight nit group, like doctors and lawyers, ever try and get a simple answer from any of them? any other trade I was ever involved in was never like this, and hey, if you got the brains and no how more power to you, but dont forget at one time you were also an idiot before you layed your hands on a computer.

And if you are talking about the idiots that are lazy and unapreciative no matter how hard you try and guide them than I agree with you, but dont get angry at the ones that trully want to learn, I've been off and on computers now for 5 years, anything I learned was trial and error on my own, the the patient ones from AD I have learned more in the past year than I have in five.

9. billybob

billybob Regular member

Fiend i thought i was hall monitor!!!

Owwww.....can i be ur snitch then? :p

10. MrMeaty

MrMeaty Guest

@fredburn
    you couldnt have said that any better than you did.theres such a unfair standards around here.if your not in the little groups of computer geeks or you are a newbie your treated like shit here. i guess all the AD ADDICTS here came in as ADDICTS and never a newbie. and they look at newbies as stupid peole without a clue as to what goes on, but in reallity might just be one of the smartest people around , but just arent computer literate

yea there is alot of these around here too.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Seems the sickos are crawling out of the closets and sewers. Those who see Cho as a martyr or some kind of hero need to be with him now. Makes a person think about carrying a gun. Guns don't need more legislation, mental health care does. That way the public can be told who the psychotics and psychopaths are that are being allowed to prey on us.

12. greensman

greensman Regular member

Liked all that you said but this paragraph is very applicable, especially in my situation. I'm almost the same. Got into computers about 7 years ago and just now semi-understanding them. I've built my own puter and a friends as well plus some little work on others but nothing like some of the people here. I try on my own and then seek out help by reading then if worse comes to worse I badger the heck out of one or more of the members until I get 'er done. LOL.

I will add that I have received help many times here and almost everyone has been nice enough about it. I don't need to mention names because I will forget someone but you KNOW who you are. A blanket thanks but I've already said thanks many many times. Enough rambling by me.

NOW on to my b!tch of the day and the next 3 days. My wife just left for the weekend to visit her sister and left me with the THREE (3) kiddies. Mr Mom anyone???

....gm

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@MrMeaty,
    I came to this forum about 2 years ago because I couldnt burn a DVD..needless to say I am quite proficient at it now and help out in the Nero forum..it is true what you say about some members but they are far and few here...I dont venture into many other forums besides Nero and Newbies and I remember my roots...a computer illiterate 2 years ago...just learn to ignore those who treat you like you say or hit the offensive thread report and let the mods sort it out. I dont believe that any questions posted here in the forums should be treated as "stupid"...we ALL have our limitations.
    Enjoy your time here at AD, Cheers.

I dont have a bitch... we (Australia) just defeated New Zealand in a Rugby League Test!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Hire a babysitter and spend the next 2 days with your girlfriend. LOL

I've been at it longer than that and I've still not learned much. Guess I'm a slow learner. The more I learn, the more I learn there is more to learn. It just won't end. ;)

15. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

my only bitch is i replied to FredBun's first paragraph earlier and it's not there anymore. Server glitch anyone ?

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Fredbun ... I know exactly what you're talking about; I'm in the same boat. Even the damned dummy books are over my head!

Regarding methane; I have too much methane. I don't run on it, it's more the consequence of age and too much chinese food. Let me end this nonsense with my favorite quote from Samuel Beckett, one of Ireland's most accomplished authors:

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

Reply again, I'm so curious Mr. creaky. ;-)

@Gerry1,
    You fart that much too???? LOL. I don't need mathematics to know how much I fart and how much my wife hates it. LOL. My boys are becoming quite proficient as well. LOL. You know she loves that. ;-)

b!tch of the day..........I GOTTA WORK!!!! I don't wanna!!

...gm

18. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I was so computer illiterate when I first came here it took 3 days to figure out what a PM was [ didn't want to show off my intelligence by asking] but 98% of what I know I learned from AD and thanks to all the members that shared their knowledge along the way. I think newbies myself included just need a little nudge to figure things out.More pointing to the user submitted guides. Chris

Edit: Stupedest question I ever asked was would you marry me? One of the times I should've kept my big Mouth shut

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  19. little155

little155 Regular member

If it wasn't for dummies books I really would be lost on computers, plus my wife is my instant HELP button. HeHeHe

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i must've decided not to post the reply then gone back in time thus forgetting i was going to reply

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.