1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCE - how to remove floating 3*3 squares?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by arkhe, Feb 1, 2003.

1. arkhe

arkhe Member

After encoding with CCE SP V2.5, the resulting mpeg has floating 3*3 squares on every scene. Small squares are moving around. Is it normal?

------------------------
    Added

I was confused. The reason of 3*3 squares is not CCE. It is caused by Elecard Decoder, with which you can see MPEG2(SVCD) file in M$ Media Player. The squares seem to be sign of Demo version.

The reason of copied message also seems to be that he installed this decoder on his machine.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  2. arkhe

arkhe Member

I found the following thread in this forum. The symptom seems to be the same.

-----------------

when i watch sum videos, mostly avis and asfs
    there is a little 3x3 square that moves around the screen, how do i fix this?
    Twilite

28 Jan 2003 12:51 PM
    The fix for a problem as you described it could be anything from the original file has the problem to your codec isn't decoding the video properly. To try and narrow down the problem we need some more specific info such as, are the files divx, xvid,etc... Are you talking about files you've converted or downloaded... Is this square bouncing around the screen like some windows screensaver or popping in and out all over the place... Is it usually of a specific color...
    TigerJk

28 Jan 2003 5:07 PM
    its 6 small blocks of gray lil squares
    and it just moves around the screen when i watch avi files ive downloaded.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Did you encode to mpeg-1 vcd????

4. arkhe

arkhe Member

Both MPEG-2 and MPEG-1. There are no bouncing squares with TMPGEnc. But this program is slower than CCE.

For CCE trial version, there are two restrictions. One is a logo, and the other is the moving-around squares. For registered version, there is no logo any more but the squares still float. I wonder if anybody experiences this.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I use CCE SP full version and I dont have bouncing squares or anything so the only way probably to get rid of them is get the full version!

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Poorly cracked version that only removes the logo. I'm betting my left arm you didn't cough up the $2995 for the CCE license?-)

So, don't expect solutions on this type of problems from here as our (as in AfterDawn.com) attitude against piracy is pretty strict. Not to offend, really -- it's just our policy in here -- but the only way to get rid of the problem is to get the full version of CCE SP or use TMPGEnc.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2003
  7. arkhe

arkhe Member

I found that the source of error is a bad mpeg player programs. I don't remember the exact program name now. The name is like Elec MPeg2 player or something.

Because TMPGenc had the same problem, I have tested all possible source.... At last, when I uninstalled the bad program, It plays perfectly. It's not an encoding problem but a display problem after all.

Anyway thanks for the replies