1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR HELP

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by tony476, Jul 23, 2005.

1. tony476

tony476 Guest

I'm not sure if I'm in the right spot but I have been thinking of getting a dvr for my Tv but I don't want to pay any service fees and I would like one that I could upgrade the hard drive. If anybody has any ideas on what ones would be good for what I would appreciate it.Thanks

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

If you don't want to pay for service, you could always build your own using an old computer and a TV tuner card. There's many different programs out there that do PVR functions.

or you can try and find one of the first-generation replay units. I have the replaytv 2000, made in 2000, and it doesn't have any monthly fees, yet it still connects to the server everynight and updates the channel listing. I have also upgraded the old 10GB HD to 120GB with no problem, there are free programs you can find on the internet that transfer the data from HD to HD

3. tony476

tony476 Guest

Thanks for the info I know were an old pc is and I'll try that