1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox with Sound No Video

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by joeqman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. joeqman

joeqman Member

Pimpdawg-This one is for you
    I have a new xbox just out of warranty(ofcourse). Not modded or ever opened. I have great sound booting up MSdash but no video at all. Swapped video jacks and still nothing. Not what else to try.

I invited Pimpdawg cause he has helped in the past. But not limited to just him, I need help and direction.

2. tim1210

tim1210 Regular member

well i had a prob like that and it turns out i had a crappy tv which will only show stuff from the S-Video plugin, so after i unpluged the S-video cable out of my tv, the normal video stuff from the xbox worked. maybe u have an svid cable plugging into the back of your tv from some other device? try unplugging it. Or your setting arent right like video1 or video2 thats all i can thnk of

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

So you switched video jacks, but have you switched AV cables completely? Borrow one from a buddy and see if it works. Also, like tim said above, if you are using s-video, try not using it once and see if you get picture. Just to make sure your video jacks on your t.v. are still good, try plugging in a different system and see if you get picture (which I'm sure you will).

Is your warranty expired just from where you bought it from? Or is the 1 year warranty completely up from M$ also?

Since you more than likely have a 1.6 motherboard your pretty screwed if the problem does not rely in your av cables or t.v. On earlier version Xbox's, ver 1.0/1.1, you could fix this problem by simply soldering a wire in that would switch the bios bank to bank 2 on the tsop as its a 1mb tsop chip on the old versions. And for ver 1.2-1.5, you could reflash the onboard tsop. But you can't do that on ver 1.6's and above if I remember correctly.

Instead of buying a brand new Xbox, you could always install a modchip which would take care of your video problem. I am 99.9% sure that it would.

Anyways, it's always hard to tell what is wrong when your getting no video in a new Xbox console. Try reading into some of these posts that some people put up on the Xbox-Scene forums that relate to your problem.

1) http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=405933&hl=no+video
    2) http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=419780&hl=

4. joeqman

joeqman Member

Pimpdawg and Tim
    As usual you came through, Tim your advice worked perfectly I guess the s-video must reset something because I H a v e V i d e o!!!
    Thanks you guys are great
    Best Group on the Best site around

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Glad to hear you got it working!