1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 Problems

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by bugfish69, Aug 3, 2005.

1. bugfish69

bugfish69 Member

I am using 1click DVD copy and DVD43. I have had no problems through many burnings, but now I am having trouble burning Band of Brothers disk 3. When I put this disk in the DVD43 smiley turns into a devil and the machine is basically frozen. When I remove the disk, I have to totally reboot to get the machine working again.

Can anyone help with this one?

2. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Coincidently, I just finished ripping and burning the 5 disk set of Band of Brothers using DVD Shrink and DVD43. There is no added special protection to these disks. I did have a problem with one of the disks but I cleaned it really well with warm water and soap and then again by putting toothpaste on it and rubbing it in really well and then rinsing with warm water. It then ripped like a charm.

My guess is you have a bad disk; try cleaning it really well then try again...

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

if you guys have different region coded discs that could be the difference. For some movies different regions get different copy protections. Don't know why, but it's true.

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Good point, Squizzle, sometimes I forget AD is an international forum and I am not just talking to the guys/gals next door.
    However, if he ripped 4 out of 5 of the disks with 1Click DVD and DVD43, then the 5th disk problem is less likely to be a region coded problem.

My guess is still a bad press, CRC error or scratch on that last disk.

Bugfish69, what say you? Any luck in getting that last disk ripped?

5. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

What is the latest version of DVD43 anyway????? Is it being updated?

6. davetenn

davetenn Guest

I'm trying to reload dvd43 but keep getting a message that dvd43 is running. I have tried to delete the old version on my system but keep getting message saying the program is running. How can I get rid of the old program and install the latest version?

7. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Use Run, "regedit" to delete the DVD43 folder from your registry, then reboot.

8. davetenn

davetenn Guest

Thanks, I was able to delete it that way.

9. davetenn

davetenn Guest

Installed the DVD43 and tried to run 1clickdvd program. I get a message now with a heading of DVD43 3.5.3.113 saying DVD matches drive region. Use Key Exchange to get title Key(s).

Being a newbie I don't know what that means. How do I get it to work again? Thanks for any help.

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I don't know about that error, never used DVD43 but it kind of sounds like it can't find the CSS key and wants you to tell it to try a key it's used before or not (those programs usually keep track of the CSS keys they've used for purposes such as this).

Have you tried AnyDVD? It's a great program, works about the same as DVD43 but is updated way more frequently. I haven't found a movie yet that it can't handle. There's a 21-day free trial available. If you do use it, just remember to disable DVD43 because they don't get along together.

11. davetenn

davetenn Guest

Thanks Squizzle, I will give that a try. I also tried using DvdShrink and Dvdecrypter and neither one could copy the movie "Finding Neverland."

12. davetenn

davetenn Guest

I meant to say I could not copy that movie.

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

AnyDVD should handle that one with no problem as well.

14. bugfish69

bugfish69 Member

Thanks for all the tips. I used all the cleaning & disk repair tips I could find on this site. In the end, I still could not get the disk to copy or play. I am going to try and get a disk in better shape. If that does not work, I'm going to try ANYDVD. I will update when I have results.

15. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Any one interested a new version of DVD43 (3.6.1) was released on Aug 7, 2005. Check out this site:

http://www.dvd43.com/

This latest release is supposed to handle the newer protection scheme better, i.e. ARCOSS code.

I use DVD43 very often. I know it is not as uptodate as ANYDVD.
    In my situation I back up a lot of old movies and it is FREE.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  16. bugfish69

bugfish69 Member

I just got the same message last night that davetenn was getting. I resolved this by doing what I have read in another thread. 1. Shutdown DVD43. 2. Play several minute of the DVD on the PC (I use PowerDVD) 3. Restart DVD43

This worked on 2 disks last night. I now need to retry the previous disks that failed.

Hope this helps someone.

17. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I had been using DVD43 very successfully along with ICOPYDVDs2 for several years. Recently, upon arriving home from a 2 week vacation, I discovered (to my dismay) that my housesitting daughter had done a system restore on my computer and uninstalled DVD43 somehow. I did a search and deleted all of the remaining DVD43 files and tried to reinstall DVD43 (the newest version). For some reason, at the end of the installation process, I get the message "This version is not compatable with Win 9x" Then I am stuck with no program. The really strange thing about this is that I am using Win XP Home Edition. I'm at a loss as to why this is occurring. Any thoughts or suggestions??

18. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

FYI: DVD43 has been updated to V3.6.2 on Aug 18, 2005 and updated Sony protection schemes.

19. ajsulliva

ajsulliva Member

i'm using i copy dvds2 and have dvd43 all this is new to me i have burned like 30 dvds and i am having problems with 3 more dvds2of them will start and then the i copy dvds2 will freeze up and the other one says encrypted and i push ok and it cancels it will somebody please help what the problem is

20. catfreak

catfreak Active member

Sometimes you need to play the DVD for a little while to 'unlock' the disc .. What I do is open ICOPYDVDs2 then minimize it .. Then I open WinDVD4 (you can use any proggy to play your DVD) I play the DVDfor a minute or so. Then I maximize ICOPYDVDs2 and press START. At this point, close the playing proggy. This will usually work unless the sidc is damaged.

Note: I used to use DVD43 with ICOPYDVDs2 but switched to AnyDVD .. AnyDVD blows DVD43 away!