1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

A softmodded xbox allows u to back up games to your hardrive and enable ftp access. Ok this is what i did to softmod my xbox. Enjoy!

[bold]Materials needed:[/bold]
    1. an original copy of SplinterCell, MechAssault, or AgentUnderfire, u can find these at your local used game store.
    2. a xbox memory card
    3. some sort of action replay device, or way to transfer gamesave to memorycard, a tutorial on how to build such a device is here> http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=89 [link dead, my apologies. google something like this> usb xbox controller; sorry :( ]
    4. a xbox

[bold]Steps:[/bold]
    1. ok in order to softmod your xbox u need to no how to use xbins. a tutorial on how to do that is here> http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

2. ok now connect to xbins using flash fxp, now double click on the folder that says "xbox" (on the right hand side), now the one that says "exploits", now "packages", now "Krayzie Uxe Installer", now drag'n drop the readme file and the desiered gamesave to the half that has all of your PC files [the readme file is for you to read]

3. now using action replay, or the desired aplication, add the gamesave to your memorycard.

4. now copy the gamesave, from your memory card, to your xbox's hard drive

5. [ok this is were it might get a little bit different but from here out i used the game MA soo the rest of the guide will be for the game MA]now put the game MA in your disc tray, and turn off your xbox.

6. now turn on your xbox

7. the game MA should of started, now go to camapain and select run linux

8. now i recommend to choose english but it is up to you

9. before you do annything make sure YOU BACK UP YOUR EEPROM [if you don't, and something goes wrong then you will probally never play on that xbox again! soo trust me and do the back up]

10. now select install sofmod, and it should go to this loading screen, and trust me be patient, it takes a while

11. now it should ask u what sort of patcher do u want the choice is up to you but if you want to no which one i chose; i chose the one on the bottom

12. after that it should ask u which dashboard do u want, again the choice is up to you but i personally like evox, but it is up to u

13. now the xbox should poweroff[don't make it, it should do it automaticly]

14. now press the small button, then the big button, remmove the disk, and the big button again.

15. now your dashboard of your choice should have loaded

16. now this is were u jump up and down, dance, and yell as loud as u can, cause now, u, have....a....modded... . . .XBOX!

[bold]To turn sofmod off:[/bold]

1. run linux again, off the campain menu of MA
    2. choose softmod on/off and follow directions

[bold]If u can't play dvd's without that stupid remote thingy:[/bold]

1. run linux off the campain menu of MA
    2. chose extras
    3. chose install dvdx2

there you go!!!

[bold]****I nor anybody else is responsible for what you do to your xbox, therfore if you screw up your own xbox it is your fault****[/bold]

this is my first tutorial/guide/whatever you call is soo please don't say it sucks

Thanks Ca$h

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Look at Mr. know it all here :)

3. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

So what do you think?

PS remember me like three weeks ago?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

haha, yeah you have progressed big time!

Well I'm not a huge softmodding guru, and I have never actually dug into it very hard, but it looks like a decent tutorial from my perspective!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2005
  5. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

thanks

6. Slith

Slith Guest

[REMOVED]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005
  7. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Chill out man! The mods can sticky whatever the hell they want, it's not your call what-so-ever. I'm not trying to be a dick here Slith, but what the hell is your problem?

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Slith went bye bye.

9. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

very well written tut

10. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Thank You

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Nice tutorial Ca$h. Couldn't of said it better myself.

12. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Thanks

13. steimy

steimy Active member

Ca$h, now you can see how the Modchipzone
    people stick together.
    like a pack of wolves.
    we seek, hunt down and dispose of all who bash us.
    That sort of thing is really uncalled for.
    and the moderators here usually agree.
    your opinion is just fine, some people just need to
    find a better way of expressing it.

14. sadalius

sadalius Member

I don't do a lot of posting on this site, but I've been around the block a time or two when it comes to softmodding.

I have seen this same type of tutorial on plenty of other forums and the authors did not get bashed. Hell, I can even remember my first tutorial. I thought it sucked myself. But other people liked it, so I stuck with it. I think all that Ca$h wanted to do with this was share his experience in hopes that someone else would learn from it, and for that, I commend him. Isn't that what we're out to do, learn, and then give back to the community?

Yeah, at modchip zone, we do stick together and defend one another. As it should be. We all look for the good in things while others are looking to "seek and destroy", bashing someone for making typo's or something that may not have worked for them when they tried it. To you bashers for no good reason out there, write your first tutorial and put it up for public scrutiny and see what happens. You might like the response, then again, you might not!

Later!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2005
  15. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

"Ca$h, now you can see how the Modchipzone
    people stick together.
    like a pack of wolves.
    we seek, hunt down and dispose of all who bash us.
    That sort of thing is really uncalled for.
    and the moderators here usually agree.
    your opinion is just fine, some people just need to
    find a better way of expressing it." -steimy-

i don't understand?

16. jman5

jman5 Guest

hey ca$h do u have to pay for the mIRC or the flash fxp i believe thats what i needed but do u have to pay to get am just to get my stuff install form action replay. also i got splinter cell to use on my xbox but there is no profile as run linux so i really dont no what to do

17. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

just use the evaluation versions
    u should have 30 days

ok, did you download that file, the krazie file? and i believe to get the splintercell one to work, it has to be the only SC gamesave on your xbox's HDD

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@jman5
    I believe mIrc takes donations and Flash FXP is only a trial version, then you'd have to pay.

If I were you, I wait until you get mIrc and learn to use it before you downloaded FlashFXP. You may be able to find it on one of the Irc channels.

19. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

yes if you don't think you can figure it out, and you want to have fxp for as long as u can, do what he said^^^

Last edited: Aug 13, 2005
  20. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest