1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"SCSI/IDE Command aborted" with Nero 5.5.10.7b

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by SunKoh, Feb 6, 2003.

1. SunKoh

SunKoh Member

Hi @all,

I'm using a Sony DW-U10A with new Nero 5.5.10.7b, DVD+R and DVD+RW work great, but when I try to burn a simple CD-R in DAO Mode, I always get "SCSI/IDE Command aborted" just a few seconds after leadin.

Any clues what my prob might be ?

TIA for any hint, Sun Koh

2. gdt

gdt Member

Hi SunKoh

I had the same problem. Have a look here:
    http://www.nero.com/en/content/helptool/229.htm
    I think it's related to what ASPI drivers you are using and/or something to do with Auto Insert notification of the drive.

Hope this helps

3. SunKoh

SunKoh Member

Hi gdt,

thx for the hint. I'll check that and let u know the results.

Greetz,

Sun Koh

4. SunKoh

SunKoh Member

Hi gdt,

didn't work. I switched off autoplay and auto insert notification without any result.

Anybody got another idea ?

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Maybe you tried to overburn?

You can also try TAO. For all data purposes it is the same than DAO. DAO is for image burning or Live Audio tracks witgout gaps (and for audio you will want to use Feurio! or EAC)

6. gdt

gdt Member

Your motherboard isn't using an NForce2 chipset by any chance?

7. SunKoh

SunKoh Member

Thx a lot guys for trying to help.

@aldaco: TAO works without any probs but I can't use it for image burning.

@gdt: Nope. AMD760 chipset in combination with VIA southbridge (EPoX 8K7A+)

Any hint is greatly appreciated ...

Sun Koh

8. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Sorry this advice is a sort of 'giving up' on Nero but... what if you use Fireburner 2.17 (registered version) or 1.07? Or even Alcohol?

It supports many writing modes and does not spoil your drivers... just for testing your burner... I mean, it is *VERY* strange that a new burner does not support simple DAO! You should be allowed burning up to RAW SAO (or even RAW DAO)!

More, Padus DiscJuggler has Sony DW-U10A among its supported hardware. What about using DJ?
    http://www.padus.com/support/hardware/drives.php?type=dvdpr&vendor=sony

Last edited: Feb 19, 2003
  9. neo22fg

neo22fg Member

@gtd (Your motherboard isn't using an NForce2 chipset by any chance?)

What do you mean with the nforce2 Board? I have changed my board to an Epox nforce2 board and get now the same error message as sunkoh when I'm using nero.

I've no idea what to do at the moment :(.

Bye, Neo.

10. gdt

gdt Member

Hi neo22fg

(Slightly off topic) nForce 2 boards have a reasonably well known issue with the IDE drivers. I had the same problem with the "SCSI/IDE command aborted" error. I tried about 3 or 4 different things (Aheads suggested fix, different ASPI drivers, replacing IDE cables, IDE drivers etc.) to remedy the situation, but I'm not sure what one actually fixed the problem :) The nForce2 driver issue was one of them. Have a look here: http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6044
    Basically the "special" Nvidia drivers treat all your IDE devices as SCSI drives, thus decreasing CPU time and increasing performance. However the drivers are known to be unstable. Changing back to the default Windows IDE drivers will fix the problem (if there is one).

Cheers
    Grant

11. neo22fg

neo22fg Member

Hi gtd,

thx for your fast reply. my nero works now fine after i removed the nforce2 IDE driver. this driver seems to cause the problem with nero.

but, in the meantime i tried easy cd creator 5. this programm works fine and stable also with the nvidia driver. very weird. perhaps a newer nero version will solve the problem.

good night (in germany ;-), neo.

12. bem001

bem001 Member

I get the same "SCSI/IDE Command aborted" message.

I recently replaced all SCSI Plextor 40X Ultraplex and 12/10/32 CDRW with all IDE Lite-On 163 and Sony DRU-500AX. Both drives have the latest firmware. Also upgraded to latest Nero version.

InCD works fine, even with DVD+RW, so I know the Burner works. But I can't get any DVD-R or CD-R to record successfully with Nero...using latest version 5.5.10.15. Every time, Nero freezes at about 15% with a "SCSI/IDE command aborted" error. Then the HDD and DVD-RW drive lights flash on and off in unison. Nero freezes and I have to kill the process. When I restart Nero, I get another error message stating that InCD is accessing the recorder and I need to eject the disc and restart Nero. But that doesn't work either...usually need to reboot. This same problem also occurs with a simulation only. I have tried other programs as well with no luck.

Using 24X media:
    Track at once recording MP3 to CD audio 12X Simulation successful.
    Disc at once recording MP3 to CD audio 12X Simulation unsuccessful.

Device Manager shows the RAID IDE controller as a SCSI device. Info Tool shows both System and Nero ASPI on the ASPI tab. But on the Software tab, the ASPI is listed as "Win32 Nero ASPI Library 2.0.1.59" Neither Device Manager nor Nero Info Tool show any errors.

ASPI Check:
    4.60 Porperly installed and fully operational. Tried 4.71,too...no better.
    5 host adaptors (I assume that refers to 5 devices: 3 HDD's and 2 DVD drives?). But I do not have any more SCSI devices installed.

System:

WinXP pro SP1
    AMD 1700+
    ABIT KR7A RAID
    512 MB
    GeForce 3
    Audigy
    Router / Cable modem

Regular IDE Ports:

Sony DRU-500AX DVD+/-RW
    Lite-On 163

RAID IDE PORTS:

HDD 1
    HDD 2
    HDD 3

Questions:

Anybody have any ideas to fix this? I think the SCSI setup I had before may have left some remnants or something. I'm pretty stumped at this point.

Why can I successfully burn with track at once, but not with disc at once?

Which ASPI to use? Adaptec / System, or Nero? Does it matter if the ASPI listed in Info Tool's Software tab does not match the ASPI listed in the ASPI tab?

No DMA selection boxes for my optical drives in device manager...is that because the RAID IDE controller appears to device manager as a SCSI controller?

Do I have a bad drive?

13. m3mes

m3mes Member

I also had the "SCSI/IDE Command aborted" error message but the solution was really simple.

I had both my DVD rom drive and Rewriter on the same IDE cable. This was never a problem before because they were both UDMA33. Until I upgraded my DVD rom drive which supports UDMA66.

Solution: Put both drives on seperate IDE cables.

14. cijbm

cijbm Guest

I was having the exact same problem did what Grant said updated the IDE n force drivers with xp drivers and hay presto am now burning away cheers you the man

Thank you for saving ma life
    chris