1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting dvd to anamorphic 16:9

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by torque91, Aug 10, 2005.

1. torque91

torque91 Member

Is there a program that can convert a standard non-enhanced dvd to anamorphic, or at least, stretched vertically? I have a front crt projection system set up for 16:9 aspect ratio. If a disk is non-anamorphic, it appears stretched horizontally. It is rather a pain to adjust the horizontal amplitude on my projector and I would like to reauthor dvd's to be vertically stretched. The particular dvd I would like to do this with is full screen. The result would be a vertically stretched image with pillar box bars to the left and right of the image.

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

You could try TMGPEnc Plus. In the encoding options Advanced settings it has various aspect ratio settings that use black bars to enclose one aspect ratio video withing another format. See TMPGEnc Plus guides for more details. You can download a trial version from www.pegasys-inc.com.

TMPGEnc also has DVD authoring software but I've never used it so I don't know what you can do with it, but you can check it out on the same site.