1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem with unreadable files in Transflash

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by BionicMan, Aug 11, 2005.

1. BionicMan

BionicMan Member

Hi folks!

this is my first post and unfortunately it's about a problem I need to solve.

I am a proud owner of a Motorola V1050.
    Before I got my USB cable, I transfer some mp3 files to the Transflash card, using a card reader and a SD card adapter. The thing is, along with the mp3 files, there are now some other files in the transflash disk. Those files were not created or copied by me and their filenames use strange symbols. Plus, I cannot delete them!!

When I try now to use the mobile phone tools to access the memory card of the phone, I get the message of a read error when clicking on the folder with the sounds and images (these are the folders containing the strange files). The folder 'videos' contains no 'rubbish' and I can access it without problem.

Is there a way to delete the strange files permanently? Is it possible to format a transflash card?

TIA !

2. gnusnobum

gnusnobum Member

All you have to do is plug your one into your comp and go to my computer-right click on the drive and highlight "format"