1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BugReport - Catastrophic Failure

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by DirkDude, Aug 14, 2005.

1. DirkDude

DirkDude Member

I have shared a movie that I had converted with RATDVD the current version as of today. Friends I shared it with, had the catastrophic failure error right after starting the conversion from ratdvd to DVD. The thing was, their error was in Dutch (Onherstelbare Fout).

I use the English language as standard in RATDvd. My friends use the Dutch language. The catastrophic failure disappeared and RATDVD Successfully converted the dvd back to DVD After my friends changed the language settings from Dutch to English.

So I assume this is a bug.
    I hope the author will fix this bug in an upcoming version.

Thanks.

DirkDude

2. Krammie

Krammie Member

Hello DirkDude,

I got the same problem, after i intalled the English version mij problem was over.

HAllo DirkDude, Als je Nederlander bent. Ik had het zelfde probleem met de Nederlandse versie ik kreeg de melding ernstige fout. Nu ik de Engelse versie heb geinstallerd is het probleem over.

Krammie

3. DirkDude

DirkDude Member

Dear Krammie,

We indeed found the solution to this rather annoying problem. We did not have to reinstall, there is a simpler solution: change the language settings in start-->all programs-->ratdvd-->ratdvd settings: Language Override --> English

I was hoping that the author could fix this bug in an upcoming version, since the people who look/search, find the solution, but not those that are 'unable' to look and find.

Groetjes,

DiRk

4. MrPollie

MrPollie Member

Thanx!!!! Had the same problem!!! It's working now, but damn it's slooooooooowwwwwwwwww..................