1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to turn a Video file into a DvD...TUTORIAL.

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by tEChniiQue, Aug 14, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

This tutorial is intended to help Afterdawn users convert a DivX file into a DvD. This is a great tool for turning home movies into DvDs as well as any other video files you may have stored in your computer.

What you will need:
    DvD Burner Drive
    Divx to DvD
    Blank DvD-R Media
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Open the program. If you are prompted to update your version, do it, then continue with this tutorial.

[​IMG]

Under [bold]Source File[/bold] click the folder beneath it to the right (next to the red x). Navigate your way to the file you want to turn into DvD AND CLICK OPEN.

[bold]Destination Folder[/bold]Select where you want the finished product to go.

If you have [bold]CopytoDVD[/bold], check the box next to it. Your dics will burn as soon as the file has been converted, assuming you have one inside your burner prior to the file's completion.

Both the video size (4:3 or 16:9) can be chosen by using the drop down box by "Aspect". Same goes for the image quality (NTSC or PAL) if you select one in the drop down box next to "Standard". If you have know idea what to select, leave it at automatic.

If you'd like to see a Preview of the file while it converts, click the corresponding box in the top right corner of the program box.**NOTE: It may cause you a headache, I say "leave it unchecked".

Got all your options sorted and selected, [bold]CLICK CONVERT[/bold]

[​IMG]

The process length will depend on the size of the video. Once completed, you can burn it with your favorite burning program.

Get [bold]DivXtoDVD[/bold] here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2006
  2. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

Your a bit late with the guide uniique1 :) i have been using this method for a while and is great i love it. This is a very good guide, it will most probably help out a few people who are looking to do this :)

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Oh I know, it's just lately I got a questions on how to so, well, you know how it is...
    **edit: Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  4. Alien13

Alien13 Guest

No probs, its a cool tutorial :)

5. dzuki77

dzuki77 Member

What am i doing wrong? it's taking me 16 hours to convert to DVD. What am i doing wrong?

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Mybe a buffering issue. Make sure your computer RAM isn't being utilized for anything of other than the necessities.

7. angeli15

angeli15 Guest

is this okay to use if your burning vcds?

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

It won't work for VCDs because you're converting the files to be read on DvD format. Not this particular method anyways.

9. i_suck

i_suck Guest

how long would it takes for a 2 hour movie?

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I'm not sure, it depends on a particular system capabilities. For example, processor speed and RAM play a factor. For me, a two hour movie takes about 45minutes for the process but others may be different.