1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Madden 2006 rosters

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mjeff36, Aug 16, 2005.

1. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Just downloaded the latest rosters madden 2006 xbox, now can anyone out there tell me where i need to ftp the rosters to? when i unzip the roster file it was a udata file, just trying to find out where i need to put it, appreciate any feedback, thanks.

2. Slayer102

Slayer102 Guest

whats up

3. Slayer102

Slayer102 Guest

yur're talking about your computer right because if you have action replay i can help u

4. Mac0042

Mac0042 Member

Where can I go to download the new rosters on my computer...then send them to my XBox that way. I have a modified box so I don't get on XBox Live with it.

5. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

just found out how to do it, u have to ftp your rosters to the udata file that is in the saves folder, pretty easy.

6. Mac0042

Mac0042 Member

Hey, mjeff...did you download the roster to your computer first? Where did you get it from?

7. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

i downloaded the file from ps2rosters.com and put it in a empty folder on my harddrive then ftp it to the udata folder that's in the saves folder on my xbox.

8. Stan123

Stan123 Member

ok, heres what you do, you find out what udata folder on your xbox the game "madden 2006" uses for save files. http://www.xbox-games.org/ (I think udata folders differ between NTSC and Pal - Im pretty sure this site lists NTSC udata keys) is a good website that lists games UDATA's folders. If your game does not appear on the list then there is a kinda long way of finding out. First backup you entire udata folder off the xbox on2 your pc via ftp. Then delete all the folders in the udata folder on your xbox so it is just an empty folder. Now, run only the madden 2006 game. You will notice there are no saved games etc or anything. Just create a new profile or something that involves the game saving some information. Now exit the game etc and ftp back to your xbox. Go into the udata folder. Now there should be just one folder inside it. You now know where "madden 2006" saves games. Now ftp the backup'd Udata folder off your pc back on2 the xbox. say "yes" when it asks you to rewrite a particualr folder (this is just you replacing the new dummy madden saved game you made with your original). Now that you know the folder where "madden 2006" saves. Get your roster and put it in there and all should go fine. Hope this helps.. This is also a good way of backuping your JUICED games before entering a pink slip race HEHEHE :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  9. Mac0042

Mac0042 Member

Hmmm...I think I did it right, but when I start the game up, it says "unable to load roster from hard disk."

Here's what I did:

I downloaded the roster from the ps2sports. Then, I unzipped it, and saw the UDATA folder. Inside the UDADA folder, there's a folder named 45410075. I saw in the UDATA file on my XBox that there's a folder named that already. So, I just FTP'd it to my XBox into my UDATA folder, and it asked to overwrite a file. I clicked on "overwrite all." I disconnected. Rebooted the XBox. Ran Madden 06...and now, it's giving me that error. Any ideas on how I messed it up?

10. Mac0042

Mac0042 Member

Nevermind. I got it. DANG!!! Pain in the...

11. Mitchy71

Mitchy71 Member

Mac.

So why keep it a secret? ;) I am having the same problem as you. Comes up with corrupted Roster file. Can't load it into the game. What was your solution??? Please?

12. Mac0042

Mac0042 Member

Actually, it's not corrupted. Here's what you do:

Turn on Madden, and save whatever roster you're using (remember what you save it as. The default is Rost1). There should also be a roster in there named "???." Go ahead and delete that one.

Now, change the roster file that you downloaded from "Rost-Online" to "Rost-Rost1" (if you kept it as the default roster name). Now, when you FTP to your XBox, delete the roster file that's on your XBox (which should be named "Rost-Rost1") and the only file you need to send over is the one from your computer that you renamed.

Fire up Madden again, and you should be golden.

13. Mitchy71

Mitchy71 Member

Thanks Mac. Was great advice.

For anyone else wanting to do this, I want to add one thing. You have to copy thar new Rost1-rost file to the ACTUAL DIRECTORY MADDEN HAS IT STORED IN. I tried the other way for an hour (with the E3B....???) or whatever directory the file was downloaded at. Nothing. Look in the file to see where madden has the rost file stored. Then delete/ and copy over into that file.

I am a Dolphin fan that did all that to see that lunatic Ricky in a phins uniform again. Maybe a 2nd round pick for him???? Ronnie Brown is dah man!

14. fmjr00

fmjr00 Member

just a reminder... after you've downloaded and renamed the file, ftp to your xbox only the "Rost-Rost1" file... do not ftp the saveimage.xbs and savemeta.xbs... if you do it will not work! do not use a save manager... use ftp.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005