1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling the Extra 2GB on Original XBox HDD

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by tEChniiQue, Aug 16, 2005.

1. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

What you need:
    1) Modded Xbox with Evox dash (1.8.1812 or later) installed.
    2) A 10 GB HD (The one that comes preinstalled in any Xbox).
    3) FTP ability and knowhow.
    4) About 10 min.

1) Connect your pc to your xbox using your favorite ftp client (eg. FlashFXP).
    2) Create a backup copy of your evox.ini file.
    3) Create a new evox.ini based on your backup and replace everything under "[Menu]" with :

For EvolutionX version 1.8.2594 till v1.8.3285

Section "Root"

Item "MS Dashboard",@3
    Item "Reboot",@5
    Item "Power Off",@10
    Item "Format F:",@210

[Action_10]

Info "Format F"
    Warning "This will format F"
    Progress "Formatting F"

This will format F:\

Format f:

For EvolutionX v1.8.3682 or higher (newer)

Section "Root"

Item "MS Dashboard",ID_MS_Dash
    Item "Reboot",ID_Quick_Reboot
    Item "Power Off",ID_Power_Off
    Item "Format F:",@210

[Action_10]

Info "Format F"
    Warning "This will format F"
    Progress "Formatting F"

This will format F:\

Format f:

4) Save your changes and FTP it back to the Xbox. (or in FlashFXP you could just open it in edit mode)
    5) Reboot your Xbox, select "Format F:"
    6) Select Yes (warning anything on F:\ will be erased)
    7) Wait 1/2 a second
    8) FTP your original evox.ini file
    9) Reboot

You should now have more space on your original Xbox HD.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2005
  2. kannon

kannon Member

What if I just bought and installed a new hard drive for my xbox? How do I format it?

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I'm sure it would help others if you posted this question in a thread that corresponded to the title but help me out here; if you bought and installed a new hard drive...where is the problem? Did you just put it in your xbox and post this or is this a hypothetical question?

Please start a new thread and repost your question and a response to my questions. Make sure the title matches your question and I'll do my best to help you out. THANKS.

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Many options available, same outcome. I rarley softmod, almost never but if I do, I use xboxhdm. I have an install disc premade with all the programs and a few emulators and roms. You can read about it here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/software-result.php

In addition to that program you will need a floppy disc for saving your EEPROM and transering it to the new hdd.

5. SOLRAC555

SOLRAC555 Guest

HEY TECH BUT I USED UNLEASHX DO YOU KNOW OF ANY WAY I CAN MAKE A BOOTABLE DISK TO PUT IN MY XBOX AND LOAD UP THE MS DASH AGAIN AND THEN FROM THERE I CAN DO THE REST ALL I NEED IS ON HOW TO GET MY MS DASH BACK AND RUNNING. BECAUSE ME AND MY BROTHER SCREWED IT UP AND NOW HE WON'T HELP ME FIX IT DO YOU KNOW WERE I COULD GET THE FILES OR COULD YOU HELP ME BECAUSE I AM CONFUSED ON HOW TO FTP TO YOUR XBOX

PLZ I NEED HELP I WON'T TO PROVE MY BROTHER THAT IS 19 THAT I CAN DO ALL MY SELF