1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error while creating ISO or joliet file names

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by conanlib, Aug 24, 2005.

1. conanlib

conanlib Guest

Finallly did a reinstall of Win XP SP2. Installed Nero as always. It used to be bulletproof on my old install, now I'm getting "error while creating ISO or joliet file names" with almost every attempt to burn a directory of files to a data dvd. Any ideas will be gratefully accepted. I am very proficient on the computer, but this one is bugging me. It's probably something simple. I have used the settings recommended by Ahead and checked the directory names for illegal characters. I have not checked every file name, there are thousands. Any apps that will check a directory for bad file names?

TIA,
    Conan the Librarian

2. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Member

I ran into the same problem, much to my chagrin.

I discovered that there were a couple text files that had asian characters in the title. These would show as boxes when viewing from Explorer, but Nero doesn't show the title at all. In my case, surfing through the compilation list, (in Joliet view) the files in question showed as folders without names.

Delete these items from your compilation and you should be able to burn.

The files I had were readme.txt files provided by MSI for a motherboard, btw.

3. conanlib

conanlib Guest

Funny thing - I downloaded Copy to DVD and it wrote all the files with no problems. Nero is obviously very picky! Oh well, added a new item to my bag of tricks. Thanks for the reply and have a good day!

4. wtcwesley

wtcwesley Member

Nero is a good CD/DVD mastering record program, actually when you add the asian language pack to it, you will find the problem is gone.

5. conanlib

conanlib Guest

Yes, I agree that Nero is the best, and I had it working flawlessly on the same machine before the XP re-install. That's what was frustrating me so much. Thanks for the language pack suggestion, I would never have thought of that on my own! I'll try it and post back the results.

Conan the Librarian