1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still no playback

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by czhower, Aug 25, 2005.

1. czhower

czhower Guest

On the two laptops, RatDVD files play back fine. On the desktop (The one with teh big screen and nice speakers) no playback. I've installd the codec pack, and many other codecs. I've tried 6 players - most just dont play, one crashes. Media Player is the only one of any use, and it says "invalid codec". It doesnt say what codec (someone wasnt thinking in this UI). Click on Webinfo though and it looks for YV12 codec. I found a quicktime YV12 codec and installed it and quicktime which it required. Still no go.

This machine does not have a DVD drive, but it does have 2 DVD players which I use to play DVDs ripped wtih DVD shrink just fine all the time. I rip them off the laptop and simply play them on the computer with bigger screen and speakers.

ANY ideas? Ive searched all over, and tried a ton of things, nothing seems to work. Computer is XP, (same as laptops)

2. tdisom

tdisom Regular member

See what type of media the desktop reads (ex. DVD-R or DVD+R)because you be burning on DVD-R but the desktop only reads DVD+R so check that and see if thats the problem also do a media compatability check for the DVD-ROM for the desktop.

3. czhower

czhower Guest

Im not burning - Im ripping to a hard disk.

4. tdisom

tdisom Regular member

Try media player classic its free and works well for me, don't install anymore codecs sometimes they conflict with each other.