1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with XSVCD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by razorstab, Aug 27, 2005.

1. razorstab

razorstab Member

like to know if xsvcd can be burned in a cd(700MB)? and how about in a DVD+R single layer? then play them in a DVD or VCD player. let's say i have 3 xsvcd video files(of about 750 to 850MB size).. how many can i burn in a DVD+R? should i convert them first to mpeg?

this is my first time encountering such type of video format. actually i need some info before i download those xsvcd video files i found in the net.

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

I know there are some templates around for TMPGEnc to do XVCD and XSVCD conversions. A year or so ago I tried 3 or 4 conversions and actually got one to burn and play but it seems kind of touch and go.
    Things may have improved since though.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well it depends on what Type of XSVCD"s they are cuz all a XSVCD Is is a Non-SVCD Compliant File burned as a SVCD so depending on what makes this File a XSVCD would determine if you could Simply Author the Files directly to DVD useing DVDLab without re-encodeing or if you would have to re-encode the Files to Put them on to DVD....

Actually Either way you should be able to Put these Files on to DVD without re-encodeing which is the best way because re-encodeing just lowers the quality and Increases the File Size....

If you go into the Guides section you will Find a Guide on how to Put Multiple SVCD Files on to a DVD with menu"s and Chapters useing "MediaChance DVDLab Pro" (Which is the only Program that can Put SVCD Files on to DVD without re-encodeing the Files)...
    Doing it this way you will be able to Fit all 3 Parts of the Movie on to a Single DVD and still have a Lot of Space left over....

check out the Guides section:

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

xsvcd really means non standard svcd.
    which meaens it can breaks every compliancy known ;)

for instance you can use full dvd res, 720x480 instead of standard 480x480. 48kHz audio, long GOPS kinda like how mpeg4 works.

its still in mpeg2, so no need to reencode.

all you need to do is demux it from the avseq, try tmpgenc mpeg tools. than use a dvd authoring tool, such as tmpg dvd author or dvdlab, etc.
    and compile.

if the res is still in 480x480 you will need to patch it with dvdpatcher. patch it to 720x480 or 704x480
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/software.htm
    load and compile

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you use DVDLab you don"t need to Patch the Headers of 480+480 Video because DVDLab does this For you...It is the Only DVD Authoring Program I know of that will Navively Accept 480+480 SVCD Files and author them to DVD without re-encodeing (It will also resample the audio to 48000HZ)...