1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Subtitles to an AVI file

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Booooom, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Booooom

Booooom Guest

Hello all,

I want to add forced subtitles to an AVI file. So far I have been using virtualdub, but whenever i am trying to add forced subtitles to an AVI file (Xvid), the end result is desync between the video-audio-subtitles.
    The Audio is AC-3, that's according to VirtualDub, so maybe that's the reason the Audio gets out of sync.
    Question being, are there any other applications that can add permanent subtitles to an AVI file?
    I don't need to play the AVI on my computer, rather on my DVD, which doesn't read subtitles, so I have to permanently add the subtitles, and I don't want to convert the file to DVD/SVCD (which I know how).
    Thanks.
    Bye.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Is the player DivX certified? If so then it should support xsubs.
    As for the sync issue, perhaps the AC3 was muxed with a delay?

3. Booooom

Booooom Guest

The player actually does support subs or srt (one of them anyway) but it presents the subs in a very weird way and since the player is a very cheap one, it's firmware can't be flashed.
    So all I am looking for right now, is an application that knows how to add subtitles to an AVI file (which should remain an AVI file) which is NOT VirtualDub
    Thanks.