1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a 800MB CD with Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kondordv, Aug 30, 2005.

1. kondordv

kondordv Member

Hi,

please tell me how can I burn an image of 740MB to a disc of 800MB using nero or other software. Most of software is detecting my CD as 703MB capacity but it has 800MB from ProFormance company.

thank you,

2. nrautava

nrautava Guest

Image can say that they are bigger than they really are.

So open Nero StartSmart and chose Burn Image ->
    then search and pick that image you have and burn it at low speed.
    (it should go to 700mb cd...)

if you neef overburn then look that in Nero Settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2005
  3. kondordv

kondordv Member

You do not understand me. I'm not tell you about what image seems to be, it is real 740MB. Using your method everytime is writing to me insuficient capacity disc. And more than this I'm not talking about overburning because overburning as I know is used for extra burn onto a disc with less capacity than data, but my disc has 800M. Don't you know any method to write 800MB onto a n 800MB disc? I don't wanna use overburning because theretically there is 40MB over CDRW detect capacity and I could be destroy my CDRW.

4. neronut

neronut Regular member

The only way Nero can burn "oversized" discs is with the overburning function. An "oversized" disc is any CD that is larger then 703MB(80 min). One way to see how far a disc can be overburned is by opening Nero CD-DVD Speed and going to Extra -> Overburning Test... and hitting start. If your Burner supports overburning then you are good. I know you know what overburning is but here is a quote from the Nero help file.

As well, if ur burner doesn't support overburning.

5. fabsoa

fabsoa Member

After you allowed overburning to the size your disk is go back to nero. Do not use nero express. Drag your file the old fashioned way and then burn. When burning choose disk-at-once. Then you'll get the size it "can" burn and the file size you want to burn. Click on overburn, and your cd will be created no problem

6. kondordv

kondordv Member

I'll try maybe to buy another CD because one of my friend said to me that it is a fake CD capacity, and I have to buy another one good to be detected by nero as 800MB. You know I'm affraid to destroy my CD-RW unit, vecause it could be dangerous to make it no work anymore.
    There is someone who detected with nero a higher disc capacity than 703MB???

7. fabsoa

fabsoa Member

It recognizes certain types. I succeeded with TDK for instance. ProFormance you can burn the way I described above. If you do an overburn test and ir does without any problems I dont think you should be worried about damage of your CDRW

8. kondordv

kondordv Member

Thank you guys, I burned useing overburn method my CD ProFormation with the 740MB ISO image.