AfterDawn Forums

PSP FASTLOADER AND ISO

This discussion thread has 1522 messages.

U have a few questions if any 1 can help?

1) How do I get games to work using fastloader 0.7

2) How do you create a iso file of a game you have?

3) How to convert a game file to a iso?

4) Can you shrink psp games to a smaller size?

I have firmware 1.50

ajd
▼▼ This topic has 1521 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
evnflow Suspended due non-functional email address
here's the guide for fastloader V0.5..i'm still updating the games list so let me know if you get anymore...
REMEMBER THESE GUIDES ARE FOR BACKUP PURPOSES ONLY!!! This is probably one of the best loaders out right now..

You will need to download Fastloader V0.5 you can google(it's pretty abundant now)

Once you have downloaded and extracted the Fastloader V0.5 to your
Desktop..you should have have an initial folder that
says "Fastloader-PSp Layout"...double click on this folder and you
will see another folder "PSP Layout"...double click on this folder
and you will see three more folders "ISO, ISOMISC, and PSP"...copy
the "ISO" and "ISOMISC" folders to the PSP directory,your psp folder
not the one that appears with the two other folders(the first window
that pops up when you plug in your PSP system)...now double click on
the "PSP" folder from the fastloader download(NOT the psp folder for
your psp), then double click on the game folder and copy
the "Fastloader" and "Fastloader%" folders and paste them into YOUR
PSP\GAME directory(double click on YOUR PSP folder and then double
click on YOUR Game folder)...now take the iso image file you have
from your backup of YOUR game and place the ISO image file(the dvd
icon looking file) to the "ISO" folder that you placed on your PSP
directory...now that you're done with that back out of USB mode and
go to your memory card stick icon(the one under the umd icon) and
look for the Smiley face icon...press x...and it should bring up a
SpongeBob background image up...if you have a umd disc in the drive
it will ask you to take the disc out...once this is done or you
didn't have a disc inserted in the first place it will state the
name of the iso that you placed into the "ISO" folder...now press
x...it should say initialisizing..and it should launch your game...
i will keep this guide updated with new games...good luck.. ;)
P.S. to return to the menu for Fastloader from the game press L Trigger + R Trigger + Start...to return to home menu..do the previous and once at that menu press L Trigger + R Trigger + Home

Great Loader...All ONLINE capabilities are functionable, and is a MULTILOADER(as long as your memory card has enough space)

WORKING: ATV Off Road Fury, Ape Escape, Coded Arms, Darkstalkers, Dead 2 Rights, Hotshots, Mercury, NBA 2k5, Need For Speed, Untold Legends, Wipeout, Tiger Woods...more to come...

NOT WORKING(May differ for everyone): Ridge Racer(Froze at car selection), Dynasty warriors

Converting back to ISO:
guide on how to convert the "PSP_GAME" folder and "UMD_DATA.BIN" file back to an ISO image file so here it is:

you will need a program called "VcdromX"...you can google it or you can get it from the link in my sig....you WILL need this program...download it and once you extract it...look for an icon called "VcdromX"...(I'm going to use Fifa as an example in this guide) open this file up and a window will pop up on the screen type in "C:\Fifa" and make sure that the "FCD" button is checked...now click the left "??" on the bottom..now go to the folder where you have the "PSP_GAME" and "UMD_DATA.BIN" files\folders and DRAG them over to the right side of the "VcdromX" window...once this is done go to the top left corner and look for a box marked "??F", click on this and then go down to where it says "????(B)" click on this..a window will pop up click "OK"...this will start to convert this file to an ".FCD" file...now once this is done go back to the top left corner and to the "??F" box..this time go down to where it says "??????C"..this will bring up another pop up window click on the folder icon on the top box and go to the C:\ and look for the file labeled "Fifa.FCD"...now click open or double click on that file and it will put that name in the pop up window that showed up...now click on the top right box ( next to the folder looking icon) labeled "??" and it will start to create an iso image file for you...you will have to close this window out because it will stay stuck on 100% once finished..but once it reaches 100% it is ok to close it...

now just use the iso image in the FastLoader you have and enjoy.. ;)

YES..you can shrink an iso down to a smaller size..you will need a program called "YA_UMD_iSO_Shrinker" just google it or you can grab it from the link in my sig...good luck ;)

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

What is Fastloader?
it loads iso image files of the psp games...

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

Why on earth base your findings on such an old version of Fastloader?!?!
because you use the same method of installing(placement of folders) for the newer versions....i made that guide up when V0.5 came out and it is still applicable....holla ;)

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

Hey it WORKS! : )
..got some questions..

I got Darkstalker chronical USA, ISO its 660 MB
and Vampire chronicles JAP,ISO its 370 MB

why is the us version bigger than the Japan version?
Can I make it smaller?
it seems it was probably ripped...or shrunk with an iso shrinker....yeah you can shrink it(but sometimes it will mess with the gameplay), you just need a program called "YA umd iso shrinker"...or you can rip it...but it will take out various features of the games..some take out music, or video...or both...i personally like to just keep the original iso...to make sure they don't have any flaws in them..good luck, holla ;)

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

how do you "back up your PSP games" ?????? - great guide by the way.
I put all the files in the iso folder, and load up fastloader and then press the game i want to play. All it says is inizallising and stays on that all the time whats is going wrong?

ajd
what game is it? are the files in ISO format?(you can check the format, by right clicking on the game and selecting "properties"...should tell you the type of file it is...)if the file is a RAR file or a ZIP file you are going to need to extract the first RAR file and it should give you the iso...good luck...i should have a guide on backingup umd's here in a lil' while...too sick right now...sorry...:(
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Sep 2005 @ 12:11

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

Its burnout legends and its a .FCD file, I did what you told me to do using VcdromX and this is what it agev me then I put this into the ISO folder on my memrory root stick )1st window what pops up when i go into it?)

then I load up fastloader 7 it says burnout.fcd so i start it up it asks me for a umd put that in and it just stays on that screen?

anything am doing wrong?

ajd
how did you get it to work, mine just says inizallisng and just stays there, any tips on what i can do ?

ajd
hey man...you have an FCD from this game?...you shouldn't have had to rebuild it...it's a lil' less than 500mb on it's own...but here's how to play it...you need to convert that .FCD file into an ISO file...and fastloader V0.7 should load it for you...here's what you need to do to convert it from .FCD to ISO:
Open VcdromX and go to the top left corner and to the "??F" box..this time go down to where it says "??????C"..this will bring up another pop up window click on the folder icon on the top box and go to the C:\ and look for the file labeled "burnout.FCD" or whatever you named it...now click open or double click on that file and it will put that name in the pop up window that showed up...now click on the top right box ( next to the folder looking icon) labeled "??" and it will start to create an iso image file for you...you will have to close this window out because it will stay stuck on 100% once finished..but once it reaches 100% it is ok to close it...

now just use the iso image in the FastLoader you have and enjoy..good luck and let me know how it turns out, holla ;)

P.S. Great game...played it earlier, almost identical to burnout 3: takedown...but has a few new features...enjoy
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 09 Sep 2005 @ 15:26

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

I have the ISO now, still the same problem where exactly do i put this ISO file?

I think this is were I am probabaly going wrong? or I have installed fastloader wrong?

Can any 1 help me with where to put all the files many thanks and ill try it when I get home

ajd
Lo all... can't make it work...
I have syst 1.52 & Fastloader 0.7 I made it as described above but all it says is "launching game impossible"... :((
I put the isos of Virtua tennis & coded arms in the iso dir but nothing works.
Where did I made it wrong ?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Sep 2005 @ 6:26
I know it says use any UMD, but does that include movie umds?
@delboyuk...you have to put the ISO(game)image file in the ISO folder....the ISO folder should be on your ROOT Directory(the ROOT Directory is the same window that has the psp folder on it)...then place the "Fastloader" and "fastloader%" folders in the GAME Directory(to get to the Game directory, double click on the PSP folder then double click on the Game folder) and place the Fastloader and Fastloader% folders here.....should load up...by the way how big is the ISO you have of Burnout Legends...mine is around 500mb...

@jabba_bzh....sorry man with the firmware you have on your psp you won't be able to play any emulators, homebrew, or launchers\loaders....don't get too discouraged though...there is a firmware downgrader on the way....so just hang in there man...you have to have firmware version 1.50 or 1.0 for any of the emulators, homebrew, or launchers\loaders to work...

@reform...not too sure on using umd movies..to make the loader work...give it a try, but i think you will need an actual game umd for it...

@ALL, let me know how it turns out and if you all need some help...good luck, holla ;)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 10 Sep 2005 @ 10:28

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

nope, im useing the sample umd that came with the package
and it works : )
@russwhit...you can create an iso dump of your psp games with Fastloader V0.07...when it comes to the main screen for fastloader and just select "Dump Inserted UMD!" you will get a message saying "erasing Flash" don't worry it's just a joke and a second later it will tell you that humma was just kidding and it will then bring another screen that says "***Press X to start dumping (size of the game in bytes) ***)...click X and it will begin to dump the game onto your memory card for you...once done, you can now take it off of your memory card and place it on your computer for a backup....just remember you need a memory card big enough to hold the game to make a dump of it...have fun and enjoy...good luck, holla ;)

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

cheers, a film must have the proper boot code on it to make it run and I carnt afford a proper umd for now! lol unless i can find a demo disk
Yes at last got it to work, thanks mate great game burnout legends, now I learnt that any way to shrink the size of the game I am not to bothered about the muisc on it, so few extra space off the game will come in handy so can put my other games onto it.

ajd
@evnflow :
thx a lot mate ! I'm chilling to put hands on a downgrader for my euro PSP firmware 1.52.
@jaba_bzh...i hope it's still coming out...one of the guys from WAB(the group coming out with the downgrader)..got arrested, don't know what for...hopefully it wasn't anything too harsh and that they can get through the troubles....from what i've heard Yoshihiro(the main person on the downgrader) wasn't arrested, and hopefully he's still working on the downgrader...good luck to the WAB team...holla, ;)

Dolla Dolla Bill Ya'll

hi there

hope somebody can help me, i have a jap psp, firmware v1.0, using fastloader 0.7, i have my ISO folder in the root directory, but when i go to start burnout it just stalls.

Any ideas anybody?

Many thanks in advance.

voodooclown
This discussion topic is closed. You can't post to this topic.