AfterDawn Forums

MPEG 2 import problem/error message

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

I tried to convert 4 .avi files with subtitles into .vob files with the latest pay version of DivxtoDVD and everything seemed to be ok till the end when it just finished without a prompt to let me know. I figured something was wrong with the .vob files so I dragged them over to virtual dub to check and sure enough I get this error message:

MPEG Import Filter:invalid pack at position 3: marker bit not set;possibly MPEG 2 stream

what does this mean? How can I possibly fix this problem?

thanks so much
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
also, when i play the .AVI in VirtualDub, the first frame has this messgae on the screen that says:

Warning: nothing to output
Bframe decoder lag
pflugs Suspended due non-functional email address
I had the same problem, and after much searching, I came across this post in another forum:

VirtualDub doesn't support MPEG-2 videos. For VirtualDub with MPEG-2 support, downloand the program at this site:

http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/

Hope this works for you!

Owner - Digital Age Media Services
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.