1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFabDecryptor

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by geneb, Sep 13, 2005.

1. geneb

geneb Member

I have been using DVD Decryptor/Shrink in combo.
    Could someone tell me best way to use DVDFABDecyptor?
    Thanks

2. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

Just rip to HD with it...

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

4. geneb

geneb Member

Thanks...
    I think I'll stasy with Shrink and DVD decrpter for now...There one less step. I understand that DVDFAB may have updates that will follow the latest encryptions...so thanks for the info...I'll probably need it soon

5. KCflyGuy

KCflyGuy Regular member

DVDFab isn't really a bad program. I've used it enough to know that it's last resort (in the free world). There's some DVDs that DvdD could not breakdown. There's a few times I ran into problems where DvdD just keep having errors on it. DvdFab works like a charm.

Again, I only use DvdFab only when DvdD fails.

6. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

DVDfab worked great with Snatch. It can split the disc in two, so it separated WS from FS. I know Shrink can do it in either re-author mode or in Full disc & DVDD in File mode, but they have drawbacks.

In Full disc mode, you have to change the modie to a still image. This will still take up about 200MB thus lowering the quality. In re-author mode, you lose the menus and it takes quite a while to exctract them and get them working again. I never tried DVDD in file mode only ripping the main movie and menus. I would assume the video manager would have to be created which will be rather complicated.

Basically, DVDfab will save you steps in movies with both WS and FS on the same side of the disc, so it is great to use for those. For everything else, I use DVDD with Shrink or Recode and on the Rare occasion I will use AnyDVD for movies with extra long intros and FBI warning.