AfterDawn Forums

catalyst control center

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Im having a problem with the catalyst control center. All was good till I decided to download the latest windows update. Now its giving me this message. First the blue blocks and now this crap...geforce is looking better and better

You do not have permission to change catalyst control center settings. Plz contact your adminstrator for help.

I tried a reinstall and wipe of the center, but no luck. Anybody have any ideas what would cause this? It just started after installing the updates from windows
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
No ideas? Guess geforce is a coming then
it seems like your permissions were changed. go into safemode (tap i think f8 till you get teh boot options then safe mode) then find the program folder, right click, hit options, then security, then advance. go under the ownership tab, and select your name as teh owner (you have to be logged into yoru account when you do this) and hit replace owner. make sure that the checkbox to make you the owner for all the subfolders and such.

athlon xp 2800+ 2.21ghz (177x12.5 at 1.8v)
48c idle, 61c full load
Asus A7N8X Deluxe V2
512mb pc3200 ram
Radeon 9200 graphics card
20gb hdd from a gateway performance 1000
120gb seagate hdd
Kingwin 450watt psu
Antec Soho server case with 3 fans (2 exhaust on the back, one intake on the door)
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.